• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear tow hook

Hi all thinking of getting a rear tow eye for my ep3 just wondering what are people's thoughts on them & how are they to fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some like them some don't. It's your car fcuk everyone else's opinion. They fit by being bolted the existing tow hook.

I had one on my FN2. Walked into it once when I was getting something out of the boot and tore my shin almost to the bone. Still got a good scar and dent in my leg where it hit. True story.

Apart from that I thought it looked alright.

I had one on my FN2. Walked into it once when I was getting something out of the boot and tore my shin almost to the bone. Still got a good scar and dent in my leg where it hit. True story.

Apart from that I thought it looked alright.

I think everyone who's had one had kicked it more then once. I know I was always catching my leg on the one I had fitted

I think everyone who's had one had kicked it more then once. I know I was always catching my leg on the one I had fitted

Most people who fit them have never done a track day, and they fit them so they can look all bling at south mimms :lol:

I'm also looking for this for a trackday coming up. Thinking of just getting a Tegiwa one as dont want to leave it on for "cosmetic" effect.

Are the front one's even legal? I can imagine it could do some series damage if you go into the back of someone.....

Looks like Rear is much easier to fit too!

Mines welded on to the chassis, and can confirm it destroys your shins should you even think of brushing near it. However it is solid and more than up to the job. Plus it was nice and cheap around £20 if I remember correctly.

Back