• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rear washer jet problem

The rear washer jet has never worked (on the ep3), and i've tried to find it to do the obvious blockage check, and can't find it.
Where should it be? Or is there not one, and the wiper stalk a generic one with the switch for a washer thats not there?

Mine worked for about a year, and hasn't done since. The blockage is seemingly solid corrosion at the nozzle, totally rock hard.

The wiper stalk operation of the rear washer is to turn the stalk past the 'on' position for the rear wiper, you should hear the pump kick in.

It's part of the wiper assembly near the hinge point. Should be fairly obvious pal

Mine has stopped working too. Honda told me to use an air line to blow it out but I don't have access to that sort of thing. The pump works fine though. I don't really have anything to unblock it either.

Makes sense now, i got a hole in the wiper near the hinge, no jet. Will have to investigate as to whether theres any pipe there.

It is most likely to be limescale blocking the jet on the wiper arm. I have the same problem with mine, it can be clearly seen. Apparently, the "jet" piece itself can be pulled out of the arm. If you can get it out, soaking in hot water or vinegar may break down the limescale or the jet can be just be replaced.
There is also one way valve in the pipe run just in front of the rear bench seat (to the right hand side when looking at the seat). It is behind the carpet, to get to it, you need to remove the bench, this may be blocked although mine wasn't.
There is also another join in the pipe at the rear tailgate. To find the join, open the tailgate and look at the left hand side beside the hinge. You will see a rubber pipe which clips into the body. Remove it by pulling and you will see the pipe connector. Split the pipe and see if water spurts out when you use the washer switch, this will prove that the problem is between there and the wiper jet if it does. One other point, make sure your water is topped up as the pipe for the rear washer appears to join the reservoir higher up than the pipe for the windscreen washers.

You can't just buy the jet, end piece, you have to buy the whole assembly....unless you get lucky at a scrap yard.

Back