• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommend to me which Megs products

CTR

Ain't nothin' but a peanut
Am going to be making the switch to Megs when my STI arrives 8)

Problem I have is that there is just so much to choose from.

All I want is:

- a simple shampoo

- some kind of polish/wax (or both)

- the claybar thingy

- a proper applicator for the above products that won't leave the dreaded swirl marks

So can someone make a CLEAR recommendation on which stuff to order please.

My STI will be in white if this helps in choosing what to use.

I'd say....

Megs NXT Shampoo.
Better than Gold Glass imo as it bubbles up much more.

Use a wash mitt. Either Lambswool or Ultimate from Megs.

Also use the 2 bucket method.

Polish wise, I don't personally use Megs stuff as I still got plenty of Autoglym polish left. I use their Super Resin Polish.

Wax I use NXT wax.
Although just bought some Poorboy's Natty Blue Paste wax to go on top of the NXT for that wet look.

Megs Clay with Quik Detailer.

Best to use an applicator to put the stuff on, but best to use microfibre cloths to take it off.

I keep pumping this site, but can't recommend it enough if your gonna really try to keep your car in tip top condition.

www.detailingworld.co.uk or www.polishedbliss.co.uk

Cheers mate.

I have never used a claybar before.

When do you use it??

Is it before you apply any polish/wax??

*Shameless plug*

I have loads of Megs products in stock with a further £400 worth on its way and I have approximately £600 worth of Poorboys products coming through soon 8) .

My website is undergoing a spring clean as you can see here >>> http://www.applied-styling.ashopcommerce.co.uk Lots still needs doing but once finished the aim is for the website to contain all the best car detailing products. But I can accept orders through my old site still :)

*End of plug* :D

I cant get on with the clay bay, I use the Meg's 3 stage but it's a day job washing a black car (I would imagine white would be the same), drying it properly and going over the body work 3 times.

- Kevin.

CTR said:
Am going to be making the switch to Megs when my STI arrives 8)

Problem I have is that there is just so much to choose from.

All I want is:

- a simple shampoo
Would have to agree with spacemonkey about the shampoo. Megs NXT shampoo is bloody amazing, used it for the first time two weeks ago and really shocked me how good it was.
As for an applicator, would definitly say lambswool mit, used the ultimate mit before and think the lamdswool is better.

- some kind of polish/wax (or both)
Would say you couldn't go wrong with the Megs NXT wax, the results people have achieved after using shows how good it is.
Would say apply this using the Megs applicator pad and remove it using Meg microfibre towel.

- the claybar thingy
Again Megs Clay and applictor would be best.
Hope this helps.

Nick

CTR said:
Cheers mate.

I have never used a claybar before.

When do you use it??

Is it before you apply any polish/wax??

Not used the clay before either tbh, it's on my "To do list".

You wash & dry the car & then use the clay with some detailer spray.

Here's a great guide I've read time & time again... Clay Guide

HTH :wink:

Excellent, thanks for the replies guys 8)

Smeg, I was gonna order off you anyway :wink:

Just wanted to know people's opinions before I PM'd you.

Will be touch :wink: :D

Liam

As with the others, wash, clay bar and wax - I use megs only.

If you want to go all out (and/or have tints) the megs window cleaner is fantastic. I've never been able to get my windows cleaner then using this. Plus it doesn't streaks o it's perfect to use on the windscreen too.

Well worth the extra £10 or so 8)

Welsh-Rich said:

If you want to go all out (and/or have tints) the megs window cleaner is fantastic. I've never been able to get my windows cleaner then using this. Plus it doesn't streaks o it's perfect to use on the windscreen too.

Cheers Rich.

I HATE dirty windows and play fook with anyone who marks them. Why, when people see a nice clean window do they feel the need to touch it?? :? :roll: :x

CTR said:
Welsh-Rich said:

Cheers Rich.

I HATE dirty windows and play fook with anyone who marks them. Why, when people see a nice clean window do they feel the need to touch it?? :? :roll: :x

It's not only me then 8) :lol:

Seriously mate - this stuff is class. Use a microfibre cloth to wipe on and off. You will seriously think that you left your windows down everytime you use it :oops: :lol:

And it leaves tints compeltely spotless, no water marks or anything 8)

i`ve moved from meg`s nxt etc to poorboys and blackfire products.
not that i found a fault with meg`s there`s just better out there :wink:

Megs soft wash £5

Megs cleaner wax £8 (a hugely under rated product)

Wash with a mitt £10, dry with a water magnet £10 and polish with Tescos microfibre cloths. £1

The above is a very simple but effective routine for somebody who does not want to put a lot of time in cleaning.

Forget the clay unless your going to town with all the individual steps IMO.

Back