• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RED

milano red is a brilliant colour, when looked after it looks fantastic....a member called shawnctr or something over on ctro had the most glossy, wet looking milano I have ever seen. Still haven't seen a better ctr on there to date.

Don't know what works best on red cars as far as wax goes, but as for sealant, I've been impressed with Jetseal 109.

You can't go wrong with Dodo Juice Wax IMO.

Look up Duragloss mate. Can guarantee it on red. Nothing will better it.

Polish bonding agent 601 > TPP 105.

Where are you from?

I've been using Meguiars gold class polish on mine,its kept in great condition with it considering its a 2002.

003-3-1.jpg

You could do with a sealant or wax which filters ultra violet light, i think the Zaino range of sealants do this [from www.cleanyourcar.co.uk] worth checking out.

After the sealant, two nice coats of Victoria Concourse Red Wax would give a superb wet and durable finish.

Used to use this on the mrs's flash red Arosa after full machine polishing session and it looked awesome. :cool:

I thought only red Mondeo's and Cavaliers struggle with colour fade...

Just wash it and polish regularly and you'll be fine.

I thought only red Mondeo's and Cavaliers struggle with colour fade...

Just wash it and polish regularly and you'll be fine.

Unfortunately Milano CTR's do as well. Not had time to do mine recently & looks shabby. Use the standard AutoGlym and it doesn't come up too bad.

The vauxhalls and fords go pink because a lot of them are only single stage paint, i.e. they dont have a clearcoat.

Apparently though, the red basecoat can fade under the clear on the Milanos if theyre not kept in tip top condition.:(

my milano seems to suffering from paint fade, i polish it weekly . these sealants sound good but i could do with getting the colour back , should i just use red polish?

No, get it machine polished if possible, and treated with a glaze!! Then seal it in!

Where are you based?

ok thanks i spoke to a bloke last night and he said he'd mop it then seal it , i live near norwich

I've been using Meguiars gold class polish on mine,its kept in great condition with it considering its a 2002.

003-3-1.jpg

holy s**t, my eye's need a sealant to deflect the brightness of your paintwork.

very very nice.

I use to have a Salmon pink Vectra. It was not a good look to have. I always thought that it was because the car came from the coast that a combination of sun and salt water had made the paint fade from its original Red. I try and avoid parking in sunlight, as and when its possible and at home i parked under a tree where a large bird liked to crap on my car. I bought a cover and that helped but not as much as cutting that tree down! If you can, and its practical, get a cover for it.

Back