• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Relocating Headunit

Has anyone relocated their headunit? I'm trying to find a spot for a single din headunit so I can mount gauges in the double din slot area.

I tried fitting the headunit in the centre console and removed the cup holders but it sits too tall and with the slanted part on the base of the console, won't sit flush either.

Glovebox is another option but it is tight in there and the headunit will have to be mounted to the back of the box meaning it will be vertical, not a problem but wondering if anyone else has done it this way?

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Adam

i had the same problem. So i left the stereo there and put gauges elsewhere. You could make up something to go under it in the single din with some fibreglass. There a few combinations people have done on here with some research

Sounds like a lot of work mate. Have you considered the Defi DIN gauges?

Keep you single din head unit with these above or below.

Defi%20install%2013.jpg

i had the same problem. So i left the stereo there and put gauges elsewhere. You could make up something to go under it in the single din with some fibreglass. There a few combinations people have done on here with some research

Yeah there seems to be a common theme, I've seen one person get creative with fibreglass and manage it but they took out some other features like the buttons for A/C, heated rear screen etc whereas I want to keep those.

Sounds like a lot of work mate. Have you considered the Defi DIN gauges?

Keep you single din head unit with these above or below.

I looked at the defi din gauges, and although they do exactly what I want in terms of positioning they don't have functions like peak recall, warning etc which I would like for track days. Plus I already have some gauges here that I might as well make use of rather than having the hassle of trying to sell and buy defi's lol.

I think I may have sorted it now anyway, I've managed to get in contact with someone whos been working with fibreglass certainly longer than I have (never :lol: ) to create something like above with the defi din gauges and put the headunit in the bottom din slot.

Back