• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Remapping and fitting RBC

Hi all, after some advice and was hoping you guys and possibly gals could help? I have bought the modded RBC from TEGIWA and also all the necessary gaskets and pipes. From what I can see on some pictures of it fitted it looks as though the SFS hose has to be trimmed so that the gruppe m doesn't protrude too much from the scuttle? Is this the case:confused: Is there anything else I should know before fitting?
My second question is, I dont have enough money to get it remapped at mo so should I wait till I have and do it all together?
I would really appreciate any help or advice on this as I've had it a while now and really want to get it on and sorted but in the same respect dont want to rush into it and feck it up.

I dont know about your question but your second one, the RBC can be fitted without your car being remapped but it takes 3 hours fitting time

IIRC the throttle boby part of the RBC is at a slightly a larger harsher angle than the OEM one, resulting in the Gruppe 'M being angled towards the engine more.

A little trim up may allow a more straight fit to allow it to rest on the scuttle correctly. But the difference is marginal and the flex in the SFS hose should be enough to swallow any problems.

Regards mapping, the RBC will increase the flow of air, so to get any gains from it you will have to adjust the AFR to suit. If it was me, I would wait until you have everything you want fitted, get it all fitted and mapped in one go.

Remember the RRC is for drive by wire throttles, and will need parts welded up for it to work on the K20A2.

Remember the RRC is for drive by wire throttles, and will need parts welded up for it to work on the K20A2.

apparently "been reading on the other forum" tdi north get them in and do the modifications. I'm down their end of the month so will have a chat with paul

Ah cool. I was looking into getting the RRC for my EP3 a couple of years ago. After lots of research I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle. But if TDI are preparing them for fitment, then thats brilliant :)

Yeah TDI sell the kits to fit EP3/DC5. £350ish I read somewhere?

i read it on CTRO but didn't see the price but CTRO has that many posts i quite often miss loads. If that price is right then its a great deal IMO with the modification required to get it to fit EP3/DC5. More useable power FTW

here you go

TDi-North said:
RBC makes power after 7000 but you loose some midrange. Often 10bhp at peak but has dropped right off midrange shifting the powerband.
RRC is good also in the midrange and really best one available.

I get these easy enough and keep them in stock but they are more expensive at about £350.
You also need to trim them same as the RBC to fit a K20A.

Other point is it's bigger than the RBC so not ideal for the EP3 which you already need to trim the slam panel. Easier to fit on the DC5 though and bolts straight onto the FN2 with no modifications.

We been fitting them on Kswaps as loads of room in an EG/EK ;)

Yeah TDI sell the kits to fit EP3/DC5. £350ish I read somewhere?

Mmm, RRC. What price are they unmodded from you James? Can only see them as a bundle with a throttle body.

Cheers for all the replies guys. I'm going to leave it for now as I decided to get a dc header aswell so will get it all fitted and mapped by xmas. Best have a chat with the missus and make sure she hasn't got me anything yet:lol:

Am I right in thinking that the RBC or RRC would need a remap as the car runs alot leaner without the remap....which is dangerous for your engine .

i know a remap would be needed to get the best out of it but was hoping to fit then wait to remap the car as funds are tight coming up to xmas.

Am I right in thinking that the RBC or RRC would need a remap as the car runs alot leaner without the remap....which is dangerous for your engine ?

No, it won't run a lot leaner, but you won't see any benifit without it having it mapped mate.

Back