• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing crash bar.

Does anyone know for sure if removing the front crash bar will have an adverse affect on the rigidity/handling of the car. Will this cause the chassis to flex/move?

I have it removed at the moment to allow room for a front intercooler. However I'm experiencing pulling left to right under power. I'm in the process of elimination at the moment trying to pin it down. I've so far changed the subframe, wishbones, wishbone bushes, ball joints, refurbished the driveshafts as they had play in the bearings. Taken the MeisterR coilovers off for oem suspension.
Now I'm thinking it's the diff. Then last night I thought about the front crash bar being removed.
Any help associated
Cheers

You were running the MeisterR too weren't you Tom?
did you suffer any pulling from left to right?
What colour were your springs out of curiosity?
apparently the black springs are the old type with the new ones being red!
I can't get my car to drive in a straight line under power!

Have you had your tracking done since removing the crash bar. If it was done before the removal, then it will be set up to compansate for that. Just a thought.

Probably but so would a de-cat. What about bad engine mounts would they cause anything?

I had the Meister R Zeta R's. Red springs. Under power mine would pull both ways depending on where the tyres were finding grip. This was totally dependant on my road position. It never happened at any other time, just when I nailed it.

Thanks Tom. Were you running the Quaife LSD?
what were your suspension mods?
Thanks a lot, I really really really appreciate it lol

No I had a Wavetrac LSD. New wheel bearings, new race engine mounts, new bushes, Zeta R's, JDM ARB, basically everything that could be replaced was.

Whenever I booted it, which ever tyre had the most grip it would pull that way. Had a few hairy moments. I always worried that my tyre pressures were out, but they never where. It was just which tyre gripped first and it would literally drag the car across the road.

Back