• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Removing vinyl

My carbon vinyl is starting to look pretty awful now do I want to remove it from the roof and spoiler and was wondering whats the safest way of removing it?

Hair drier to get the glue tacky again and start pulling from what I've read. I'm no expert on it though.

I'd imagine you'd have to be prepared to use some sort of thinner to remove any residue left behind afterwards.

Got it off the other day, some came off easy in the sun but the rest needed a hair dryer.

qa5y3aju.jpg

y2ujy9ut.jpg

benuzu7u.jpg

Might replace it with a gloss black vinyl as the matt had little protection against the sun.

What I'm really having trouble with is my J's racing decals on the side skirts, hair dryer has no effect at all on these and will only come off in bits.
When i jet washed it the other day a little but came off so might try to blast them off or will this damage the paint?

There's no way of getting it off then, unless you sit there longer with a hair dryer or two :lol:

Gonna have to rob me mums for reinforcements :lol: I got my old ones off with my mums so maybe my misses one is just a bit sh!t :)

I used the pressure washer to get them off in the end, heat gun took forever and I had to hold it close to the paint work to have any effect which was a bit dangerous.

Back