• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Replacement Steering wheel

How heavy is the standard (03) steering wheel, has anyone replaced it with a lighter item, is it a pain to change, will have bucket seats and harnesses by the end of the month, so if its possible would like to swop it for a smaller ligher wheel.

I believe Dynax changed to a different steering wheel in his EP1, the JDM Momo one IIRC from the pictures of his car.

tp and sara also have changed their steering wheel. Both have the Spoon (Momo Monte Carlo) racing steering wheel.
I remember tp mentioned the stock steering wheel weights a bloody ton due to the SRS. I'm sure he'll have more input.

yeah it does weigh a lot, the airbag unit especially.

I had the spoon one aswell, very light weight.

Taking it off isn't too bad, Paul did mine in 40 minutes, re fitting the original has to be done at a dealers as they need the diagnostic machine to turn off the airbag light on the dash.

hovblackctr said:
yeah it does weigh a lot, the airbag unit especially.

I had the spoon one aswell, very light weight.

Taking it off isn't too bad, Paul did mine in 40 minutes, re fitting the original has to be done at a dealers as they need the diagnostic machine to turn off the airbag light on the dash.

Cheers Julian, don't think refitting is ever going to happen, but you never know. Has anyone got a link to the spoon steering wheel

The Spoon steering wheels is rediculously priced!

You could get a snap off steering wheel adapter while you are at it for added security

Clicky

Funky cheers mate, just read your signature :lol: , bloody hell spoon is expensive unless it weighs nothing, and adds 50bhp :lol:

Look at a Momo monte carlo or corse mate, almost identical and around the £120 mark!

Spoon million quid steering wheel
spoon.st-wheel.jpg

Momo Monte Carlo
MOMO_MonteCarlo_SW.jpg

Here are the differences between the 2.
Spoon has red stitchings,
Steering wheel size is 360mm,

Monte Carlo has black stitchings only,
It's available in 320mm and 350mm.
Obviously horn button logos are different.

Not fussed about the name, thanks for all your help, soon for sale one secondhand standard CTR steering wheel.

Trung said:
tp and sara also have changed their steering wheel. Both have the Spoon (Momo Monte Carlo) racing steering wheel.
I remember tp mentioned the stock steering wheel weights a bloody ton due to the SRS. I'm sure he'll have more input.

The stock wheel is heavy and the airbag is even heavier.

You'd shave a good 2+kg changing.

- Kevin.

Back