• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Reset ecu after valve adjustment?

Just thought about it, i did clearances last week, at first i managed just 1 cylinder and gave up i ran out of daylight, and put everything back together i did drive it like that just 15-20 mins drove fine vtec everything ok but when idling not rough but you could here liitle tiny bit of fluctuation in exhaust tone obviously i had tighter clearances on cylinder 1 and the rest not acjusted yet, anyway when i got a chance i finished of clearances and its smooth etc i have to say im sure you can feel a slight loss in midrange but top end pulls hard, i was pondering this yesterday and was wondering if ecu should be rest? Also i swear my intake (stock) sounds louder . Sorry for long post

I didn't reset mine after valve adjustments and felt no difference, just the noise was a bit quieter from the engine.

Cheers lads, it might just be weather ie hot weather making me loose power, but i feel midrange has dropped im not sure if its just in my head or if there is a noticable difference common when tightening clearances

Cheers lads, it might just be weather ie hot weather making me loose power, but i feel midrange has dropped im not sure if its just in my head or if there is a noticable difference common when tightening clearances

When I did mine it felt a bit down on power for a few days, now its like normal. Plus now it doesn't seem to get through so much oil :D

Back