• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

My kit fitted in a FK2
FK2_zpsa8p9gsda.jpg

No, it's Darcy's.

I've had a kit with dimmer for about 2 months but I've had a rotten run of luck on weather and time! :oops:

Just received payment for a red EP3 kit to be sent to North Shields. No problem, I'm on it!

I got round to fitting one of RickHondaR's footwell kits with dimmer module today.

Apologies to Rick. I've had this kit for a couple of months, but the weather and family stuff have conspired against me.

Anyway, I woke up this morning, the weather was clear and the lad was having a lie in so I cracked on. Even with doing it the long way and unecessarily taking off trim in the footwell to get the kit neat round the CTR GT headunit's amp, zip tied up and tested, it only took me 30 minutes. You could easily do this in 10 minutes if you cracked on.

This is a quick video I did running down through the different brightness preset settings, and then back up through the individual levels available to 100%.

[video=youtube;FXtWs7IG6kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtWs7IG6kE[/video]

Apologies for the shonky pictures. I'll have to get some better ones at dusk, but in pitch black tonight I had to have a long exposure which meant they are quite blurry.

Min:
SDC13065.jpg

50%
SDC13067.jpg

100%:
SDC13070.jpg

Side on:
SDC13073.jpg

Very pleased with the kit though. It perfectly compliments the factory fit ambient lighting in the door pockets and interior door handles and the instructions were very easy to follow.

Cheers Rick!

New update from Rick:

Honda Civic 7G, 8G, 9G Including Face Lift & FK2 Type R

CRZ, CRV

LED Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

2 Year Guarantee On all TRO kits

This kit is manufactured to my specifications in the same factory as the LED and my fitting instructions are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised.

Very easy to fit with only two wires to connect and takes no more than 10-15 minutes using basic tools.

EP3 Civic 01-06

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;
[FONT=&amp]
You open / close your doors[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]2. When you lock and unlock your car[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Please click HERE to see a video of these working.[/FONT]

FN / FK Civics 06-11

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

I also provide a web link to a how to guide installation instructions so the LEDs illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

1.You open / close your doors
When you lock and unlock your car.

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light and this is harder to install due to the 2 wires you
have to connect being harder to get at under the dash, having said that some people find this hard while others find it easy.

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into.

Civic's 9Gen 2011 Onwards;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into

HONDA CRZ;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light above the rear view mirror for example;

1.You open / close your doors
When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch
on the light.

CRV 2006 Onwards;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into.

This kit consists of following items;

2 x Flexible strips of 9 RED or BLUE miniature ultra bright LEDs that will provide an even amount of lighting complete with self adhesive 3m
backing, I don't supply more LEDs as the strip would then be to long to stick in the footwell plus the fact I use a premium LED tape and
chip which I have matched to illuminate your footwell to a very high level. When it comes to LED chips I will assure you for current
consumption against lumen output it is all about quality not quantity hence the reason I will offer a 2 year warranty on LED chip failure.

2 x Scotch locks to splice the power connection so no wires are cut.

Simple step by step instructions like a Haynes manual on how to install your ambient footwell lights with colour pictures.

Telephone number for technical support if you have any problems fitting this product.

Standard 9 LED kit £17.50
Remote dimmer 9 LED kit £26
complete with various functions like On / Off, auto fading / strobe programs, pre-set brightness levels like 100, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10%
and of course variable dimming to your exact requirements and will remember the last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

Remote Multi-Colour 9 LED kit £32
complete with built in dimmer for a fixed colour LED as well as allowing you to select either red, blue, green, cyan, pink,yellow or white or even use a
auto colour change function. there is a total of 20 different colours, 22 modes, 5 brightness levels or 10 different speed grades
and will remember the
last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

All payments paypal friends & family

UK postage only if you want to buy overseas please see my eBay store RickHondaR items in Ambiglolighting store on eBay!

Civic Type R (FK2)
FK2_zpsa8p9gsda.jpg

Civic Type R (FN2)
FN2_zpsb41ad929.jpg

FN24_zps46eb09c4.jpg

Civic 9G
9GCivic2_zps7f2abd56.jpg

9GCivic3_zpsaf14cc3e.jpg

9GCivic_zpsb212cc2b.jpg

CRZ
CRZ_zps804c3705.jpg

EP3

EP3.jpg

EP3 Video

1st post updated.

I now do a colour change kit but please note this is not really suitable if wiring to fade in and out with the doors or when you lock the car so really needs wiring to turn on with your ignition or side / head lights

Remote Multi-Colour 9 LED kit £32
complete with built in dimmer for a fixed colour LED as well as allowing you to select either red, blue, green, cyan, pink, yellow, white or
even use a auto colour change function. there is a total of 20 different colours, 22 modes, 5 brightness levels or 10 different speed
grades
and will remember the last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

I don't suppose anybody has any pictures of the dimmer LED's?

I have the standard OEM kit in my CR-Z and it's fine.
I'd like to put something in the Type R too, however, I don't want it to be anywhere near as bright as the pictures. Subtlety is the key for me.

Note: in the CR-Z, the OEM footwell (centre console) lights come on with the sidelights/headlights not with doors.

I posted some picks and a vid of them in my CTR.

Edit - There it is:

I got round to fitting one of RickHondaR's footwell kits with dimmer module today.

Apologies to Rick. I've had this kit for a couple of months, but the weather and family stuff have conspired against me.

Anyway, I woke up this morning, the weather was clear and the lad was having a lie in so I cracked on. Even with doing it the long way and unecessarily taking off trim in the footwell to get the kit neat round the CTR GT headunit's amp, zip tied up and tested, it only took me 30 minutes. You could easily do this in 10 minutes if you cracked on.

This is a quick video I did running down through the different brightness preset settings, and then back up through the individual levels available to 100%.

[video=youtube;FXtWs7IG6kE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXtWs7IG6kE[/video]

Apologies for the shonky pictures. I'll have to get some better ones at dusk, but in pitch black tonight I had to have a long exposure which meant they are quite blurry.

Min:
SDC13065.jpg

50%
SDC13067.jpg

100%:
SDC13070.jpg

Side on:
SDC13073.jpg

Very pleased with the kit though. It perfectly compliments the factory fit ambient lighting in the door pockets and interior door handles and the instructions were very easy to follow.

Cheers Rick!

I have the standard OEM kit in my CR-Z and it's fine.
I'd like to put something in the Type R too, however, I don't want it to be anywhere near as bright as the pictures. Subtlety is the key for me.

Note: in the CR-Z, the OEM footwell (centre console) lights come on with the sidelights/headlights not with doors.

I have a set wired to the oem footwell lights in the CRZ that you dim with your dash illumination and then a set wired to work when you open your doors along with a strip under the door but for sure it is not subtle

CRZ GT

P1010569_zpsb7kbqrqn.jpg

P1010568_zpsyz3y17su.jpg

P1010655_zpsu1tspaik.jpg

Notice how a different camera makes the blue look a different colour but I will say the photos above are more accurate but the photos below also show the illuminated door sills

20151116_061518_zpsd4tdof8u.jpg

20151116_061513_zpsqyhgn7pl.jpg

And fitted with the ignition on in our old CRZ Sport around 4 years ago

CRZ_zps804c3705.jpg

If you want them more subtle for sure go for the dimmer kit as you can adjust this exactly to what you want ;)

Back