• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Arrived and fitted today, Followed the How to off Civic info Website and it was spot on.

will get some pictures up later. Thank you

Hi, i was given a footwell lighting kit by a friend who sold his FN2, he lost the instructions though, can any perhaps send me a copy of the instructions.

Much Appreciated

Andrew

Sorry buddy but I spent a lot of time and effort in making instructions and they are part of my product and what is offered for sale and to be honest at the price of the kit here it is never going to break the bank. The other issue I have is there is copy cat sellers now who mislead you by advertising all the wonderful ways these can work and then says instructions provided but only basically tell you to wire them to a 12volt supply. The other thing the copy cat sellers do is provide a cheaper quality LED and more of it has unlike my kit which only needs 9 LEDs to murder the footwell the other seller needs to use 15 - 30 LEDs to produce the same results but hay you get what you pay for and all that. I will add that if you buy your kit here a good contribution from your sale is made to the club to help keep the forum running and free for all so dont be tight and buy genuine RickHondaR footwell lighting ;)

Just a quick thread to tell people who I am as I am sure most have seen my adverts on ebay, I joined here when I used to own a EP3 and used to advertise here until around 3 years ago. I have had a few Honda since the EP3 which was a CRZ, FN2 and now a Civic Tourer. Well back in 2008 there was a group buy on CTRO for JDM stuff and one of the options was a green footwell kit but this was very expensive at around £90, being an electrician I thought I could do better so sourced some LED and basically spent around 3-4hours locating the power circuit under the dash to make the footwell lights illuminate with the interior light in the middle. Posted picture here and basically got ripped as something new and people thought it looked chavy at the time but soon people were asking me to make them kits. 6 Years later and now a registered ebay business seller my product has evolved a lot from my basic fitting instructions to now a Haynes style step by step fitting guide and if you are good with things like this then with my guide you should fit my kit in under 15 minutes using only a screwdriver and pliers, yes its that easy. Around 18 months ago I looked at improving the quality of the kit so have now stopped making this my self and now have all my kits made in the same factory in China as the LED. I have also moved on to many different cars that all come with the same style fitting instructions but obviously they are written especially for the car they are sold for and these cars are EP3 / 7G Civic's FN2 / 8G Civic's 9G Civic's CRZ DC5 Fiesta MK6 Fiesta MK7 Fiat 500 BMW Mini MK1 Audi TT MK1 Corsa C Corsa D Obviously along the way you get the copy cat sellers who claim you can do this and do that and it comes with instructions but I assure you my instructions are the real deal and not a piece of paper that tells you to remove the CD player and wire your strips to a 12 volts supply. Yes I may be a little more expensive but you buy a complete product that is tried and tested with a proven track record and and a 1 year warranty that is worth something. Please feel free to check out my ebay store for info on my product but also note it is cheaper here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ambiglo-Lighting?_rdc=1

Just a heads up that I have recently discovered sellers on eBay that have stole my images and used them to try and sell cheap strips of LED, I want to assure everyone this is not as good a quality as what I use and apart from here on TRO if the kit is not sold by RickHondaR then I assure you its not a genuine product and the quality and instructions will not be as good. What I will say is to start with all the LED and specs were about the same when it was first developed and it was very very expensive (around £40pm) but then as always competition set in and the product become cheaper as it was mass produced, what also happened then is some manufacturers looked at other ways to make this even cheaper and this is were they cut corners for example

1. Swapped copper conductor in the PCB to aluminium then this was taken a step further to basically tin foil you wrap your sandwiches up with, well to be honest some tin foil you have at home will be better quality. I have sample tapes were the copper or alloy PCB is thinner than the 3m sticky tape backing you peel of to throw in the binThis effect the durability plus the quality of the product.

2. Originally it was all a double sided PCB tape but again now the cheap stuff is only single sided and to be fair very thin is metals cost money but this also makes the tape weak and tear easy.

3. Quality of the LED chips and resistors, I have been informed a lot of the cheap low quality stuff is made from the LED chips that fail quality control so in fact the light output of each LED chip will be lower or life expectancy will be lower. Now this could be only 10% difference or 50% difference but at the end of the day still a second, A good example of this is a bit like Intel used to re-badge and lock down under performing Pentium P4 CPU and cell them a Celeron back in the day. Well I did not move with the times I stuck to the original spec and high quality product that was first manufactured and yes this costs more but then its also reliable and effective a good example of this is how I fitted around 40m of my LED in a local restaurant 5 years ago and this is illuminated for around 8 hours a day 7 days a week and not a single issue in all that time.

You get what you pay for full stop!

Last edited by a moderator:
Special offer from Rick on the 6 LED colour change kit, this should get snapped up fast!

RickHondaR said:
I have one only 6 LED colour change kit that I will sell for £23 delivered, please note you can select a fixed colour and as a built in dimmer function as well

Honda Civic 8G, 9G Including Face Lift & FK2 Type R

CRZ, CRV

LED Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

This kit is manufactured to my specifications in the same factory as the LED and my fitting instructions are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised.

Very easy to fit with only two wires to connect and takes no more than 10-15 minutes using basic tools.

FN / FK Civic's 06-11

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

I also provide a web link to a how to guide installation instructions so the LEDs illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

1.You open / close your doors
When you lock and unlock your car.

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light and this is harder to install due to the 2 wires you
have to connect being harder to get at under the dash, having said that some people find this hard while others find it easy.

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into.

Civic's 9Gen 2011 Onwards;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into

HONDA CRZ;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light above the rear view mirror for example;

When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.

CRV 2006 Onwards;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into.

This kit consists of following items;

2 x Flexible strips of 9 RED or BLUE miniature ultra bright LEDs that will provide an even amount of lighting complete with self adhesive 3m backing, I don't supply more LEDs as the strip would then be to long to stick in the footwell plus the fact I use a premium LED tape and chip which I have matched to illuminate your footwell to a very high level. When it comes to LED chips I will assure you for current consumption against lumen output it is all about quality not quantity hence the reason I will offer a 2 year warranty on LED chip failure.

2 x Scotch locks to splice the power connection so no wires are cut.

Simple step by step instructions like a Haynes manual on how to install your ambient footwell lights with colour pictures.

Telephone number for technical support if you have any problems fitting this product.

All payments paypal friends & family

Civic Type R (FK2)
FK2_zpsa8p9gsda.jpg

Civic Type R (FN2)
FN2_zpsb41ad929.jpg

FN24_zps46eb09c4.jpg

FN2%20White%202_zpsbd1ux4pc.jpg

FN2%20White%201_zpso5qahen4.jpg

Civic 9G
9GCivic2_zps7f2abd56.jpg

9GCivic3_zpsaf14cc3e.jpg

9GCivic_zpsb212cc2b.jpg

CRZ
CRZ_zps804c3705.jpg

Just wondering how they are packaged and what size is it when posted?
Not sure if it will fit in the post box out the front or if I should get it sent elsewhere

It should fit through a normal letterbox. It comes in a padded envelope about the size of a DVD case.

Just a reminder that my kit is cheaper here than on ebay and a percentage of the price is donated to TRO

Quick question Rick, do you do the dimmable fk2 kit in blue, I looked on your eBay but could only find red or white,
cheers,
Rob

Well with the clocks going back tonight there has never been a better time to get your footwell kits fitted ;)

~~~#### SPECIAL OFFER! ####~~~

Rick has come forward with a Special Offer for November only!

Purchase any of his 9 LED standard kits for £14 or two for £27

That is a £3.50 saving on a single kit or a £8 saving if you buy two.

Grab them now while you can at this price!

RickHondaR said:
Honda Civic 7G, 8G, 9G Including Face Lift & FK2 Type R

CRZ, CRV

LED Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

2 Year Guarantee On all TRO kits

This kit is manufactured to my specifications in the same factory as the LED and my fitting instructions are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised.

Very easy to fit with only two wires to connect and takes no more than 10-15 minutes using basic tools.

EP3 Civic 01-06

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;
[FONT=&amp]
You open / close your doors[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]2. When you lock and unlock your car[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Please click HERE to see a video of these working.[/FONT]

FN / FK Civics 06-11

I also provide a web link to a how to guide installation instructions so the LEDs illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

When you lock and unlock your car.

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light and this is harder to install due to the 2 wires you
have to connect being harder to get at under the dash, having said that some people find this hard while others find it easy.

Civic's 9Gen 2011 Onwards;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on

These LEDs are approx 200% brighter than the OEM Honda LED and all you do is connect the LED strips to the plug that The Honda LED plugs into

HONDA CRZ;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light above the rear view mirror for example;

When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch
on the light.

CRV 2006 Onwards;

This kit consists of following items;

2 x Flexible strips of 9 RED or BLUE miniature ultra bright LEDs that will provide an even amount of lighting complete with self adhesive 3m
backing, I don't supply more LEDs as the strip would then be to long to stick in the footwell plus the fact I use a premium LED tape and
chip which I have matched to illuminate your footwell to a very high level. When it comes to LED chips I will assure you for current
consumption against lumen output it is all about quality not quantity hence the reason I will offer a 2 year warranty on LED chip failure.

2 x Scotch locks to splice the power connection so no wires are cut.

Simple step by step instructions like a Haynes manual on how to install your ambient footwell lights with colour pictures.

Telephone number for technical support if you have any problems fitting this product.

Standard 9 LED kit £17.50
Remote dimmer 9 LED kit £26
complete with various functions like On / Off, auto fading / strobe programs, pre-set brightness levels like 100, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10%
and of course variable dimming to your exact requirements and will remember the last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

Remote Multi-Colour 9 LED kit £32
complete with built in dimmer for a fixed colour LED as well as allowing you to select either red, blue, green, cyan, pink,yellow or white or even use a
auto colour change function. there is a total of 20 different colours, 22 modes, 5 brightness levels or 10 different speed grades
and will remember the
last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

All payments paypal friends & family

UK postage only if you want to buy overseas please see my eBay store RickHondaR items in Ambiglolighting store on eBay!

Civic Type R (FK2)
FK2_zpsa8p9gsda.jpg

Civic Type R (FN2)
FN2_zpsb41ad929.jpg

FN24_zps46eb09c4.jpg

Civic 9G
9GCivic2_zps7f2abd56.jpg

9GCivic3_zpsaf14cc3e.jpg

9GCivic_zpsb212cc2b.jpg

CRZ
CRZ_zps804c3705.jpg

EP3