• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

All tested and packed ready to post in the morning and if at all possible I would be very interested in seeing some decent photos of the finished product at night on different colours

Hi Loxy,

One of the things I added when I bought the blue Civic Sport was the ambient lighting footwell lights. I think they cost me over £200 from Honda at the time! They worked well, fading in and out nicely etc. When I purchased the new Type-R I somehow assumed I would get the red lighting pack. Sadly not.. I was about to ask Honda how much they would sting me for to purchase and fit the red kit, and then I discovered your thread.

How do these compare to the stock ones, they sound better. Do they do the same nice fading? If so I would likely be very intrested in purchasing a set.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Loxy,

One of the things I added when I bought the blue Civic Sport was the ambient lighting footwell lights. I think they cost me over £200 from Honda at the time! They worked well, fading in and out nicely etc. When I purchased the new Type-R I somehow assumed I would get the red lighting pack. Sadly not.. I was about to ask Honda how much they would sting me for to purchase and fit the red kit, and then I discovered your thread.

How do these compare to the stock ones, they sound better. Do they do the same nice fading? If so I would likely be very intrested in purchasing a set.

Thanks

Can i just add that they fade out just fine for me in my EP3. Ive had them over 4 years now and all LEDs are still nice and bright.

I've asked Rick if he can comment. I've not seen them on the 10th Gen so don't know.

Honda 10 Generation Civic 2017 Onwards

Including FK8 Type R

LED Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

This Product Comes Complete With

1 Year Guarantee

100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee

This kit is manufactured to my specifications in the same factory as the LED and my fitting instructions are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised and not a universal guide that tells you how to connect the LED to a battery of cigarette lighter. With my instructions you get a full detailed step by step guide like a Haynes manual on how to install this into your car so no wires will be on show and that the finished product will look very professional.

Please note; my instructions are the same for a LHD 10 Generation Civic but a little common sense will be required.

Very easy to fit with only two wires to connect and takes no more than 10-15 minutes using basic tools.

Civic's 10G 2017 Onwards Including FK8 Type R

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your ignition is on etc.

Please note my kit is a hard wired "plug n bolt" installation so no wires are cut or spliced and comes complete with an individual fuse carrier, this is the best solution for professional OEM style installation.

This kit consists of following items;

2 x Flexible strips of 9 RED, BLUE or WHITE miniature ultra bright LEDs that will provide an even amount of lighting complete with self adhesive 3m backing, I don't supply more LEDs as the strip would then be to long to stick in the footwell and maybe to bright which could draw unwanted attention.

If you choose the dimmer option you will also get a credit card sized remote control that you can select the brightness of your footwell lights or simply turn them on and off.

Simple step by step instructions on how to install your ambient footwell lights with colour pictures.

Telephone number for technical support if you have any problems fitting this product.

Why buy this kit from me;

1. This kit is ready to fit and comes complete with simple step by step fitting instructions which are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised. You usually find other products come complete with generic universal instructions and you are expected to have the knowledge on where and how to wire this to your vehicle. I am also a fully qualified time served 17th edition JIB approved electrician which enables me to give you good advice with support and help with my product if required.

2. 1 year guarantee and a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee (see my terms and conditions).

3. Reputation and service, I aim to provide the service that I would expect if I was the buyer.

4. UK seller so quick dispatch (next working day).

5. Communication, If you call me for help etc and for some reason I don't answer my phone and you leave a message I WILL ALWAYS RETURN YOUR CALL UK Only.

6. Most important of all QUALITY, the LED I sell is high quality LED in copper thread not alloy thread and is applied on a double sided printed circuit board tape not single sided like the cheaper stuff. The footwell lighting kit is also made to my specifications in the same factory as the LED tape so again quality is very good.

I will add that in my opinion the 10G Civic kit is the easiest I have ever done to fit while having the best options for connecting to you car so that this can be removed with no trace of ever being fitted. Add to that my kit is brighter and a fraction of the money of a OEM Honda kit while also offering a kit with a remote control to control the brightness levels or turn the kit on and off and all for under £35.

Then you have the added bonus this can be fitted by anyone in under 30 minutes and around 10 minutes for most what more could you ask for?

An FD2 kit?

? no access to car for instructions plus limited market. However I would suspect 8G instructions would be close but would still require a little common sense and know how but then again I could be very wrong.

Bought your kit for the DC5 and the instructions were amazingly clear. The LED strips are high quality and it was nice to see proper 3M adhesive strips. Really happy with them, apart from my back being in pieces getting the choc blocks on haha.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that and yes I do aim to make them clear to avoid people giving me a call etc which when this happens if I have missed something the instructions get tweaked. However to be honest EP3 and DC5 80% the same and both sets of instructions were written back in 2008 and in my opinion are not a patch on my latest instructions and due to the age of the models, access to a car and a more limited market due to age only minimal adjustments will be made now. Having said this they are spot on and easy to follow but they do lack the detail of the newer instructions.

Thanks for that and yes I do aim to make them clear to avoid people giving me a call etc which when this happens if I have missed something the instructions get tweaked. However to be honest EP3 and DC5 80% the same and both sets of instructions were written back in 2008 and in my opinion are not a patch on my latest instructions and due to the age of the models, access to a car and a more limited market due to age only minimal adjustments will be made now. Having said this they are spot on and easy to follow but they do lack the detail of the newer instructions.
I think they're clear enough mate, I was more than happy with the instructions

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

First post updated to include prices for plug and play connectors for 8G/9G Civics (FN/FK but not FK8 ) and 2012+ CRV.

An FD2 kit?

From what no can find online 99% certain FD2 has same option power socket as a 8G civic, if you can supply a photo and confirm this then for sure my 8G option connection footwell kit will fit easily with a little common sense

Back