• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rev indicator not displaying

Hi all,

I have a quick question. Had my brand new Type R GT delivered on Friday and loving it.

My only question is, why would my rev indicator on the dash board not be working.

I`ve went through the setup system and turned on the rev indicator and I-VTEC display (this is working; ie red light comes on when hits around 5k revs) but the amber rev indicators dont light up.

On starting the car On(II) the 5-6 amber lights come on, but whilst driving nothing happens.

Maybe i`m thinking wrong, but I thought when I test drove the car that the amber rev lights came on just before the VTEC kicked in - am I wrong.

Any of your thoughts would be much appreciated..???

Welcome to the forum :D

I was in the understanding that they were shift lights.

Thus as you climb the rev range they light up.

So first one comes on at 6k second then at 7k then 8k then shift up.

Cheers Suits.

If thats the case then, to be fair havent pushed it that much (that I recall) till the engine has run in a bit.

You don't need to run the engine in.

Age old debate this. :cool:

Some do so don't. Persoanlly i have with all my other cars, and have never had 1 engine problem................. a Rover 214 and MG ZR being amongst them :p

When I bought the Type R, being the nature of the engine, i asked this very question. The general consensus would be to drive it normally using the revs, just not to thrash it to within an inch of it's life.
This is what i've followed and it's really beginning to loosen up nicely having covered 2.5k

With regards to the lights not working, i'd agree with the others in that you haven't used enough of the higher revs to display them.

stupid question, but is there a v-tec indicator light on the fn2 ?

the vtec indicator needs to be selected in the cars settings to have it display above the type r logo and will light up once your in the vtec zone.

in regards to the other question posed here concerning the rev indicators, they only light up when your coming close to the red-line and will light up orange then red to shift gear just before you over-rev or redline it!

hope this helps!

jay

The rev indicators start to come on at 7k in pairs until 8k, they only light up orange though. IMO they should come on a bit sooner.

The rev indicators start to come on at 7k in pairs until 8k, they only light up orange though. IMO they should come on a bit sooner.

Agreed...from vtec onwards, in singles and each light getting progressively brighter.
Opinion sent forth, I shall now be quiet. ;)

Back