• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rev limit

MilanoChris said:
Does the Reflash support launch control Nick? That's one way of telling.

Also, as Nick says, note how the car feels, ie smooth VTEC changeover or a sharp one. Another option is to call the main tuner for your area (could be CPL for Kent, Sys R for Warrington, or Abbey) and see if the car has had work done there or not.

From memory launch control wasn't on the reflash but the car will rev into VTEC when stationary rather than just hitting a false limiter at 5krpm or whatever the stock low limiter is set at.

zeffania said:
Smeg and Hobbes I cant believe you have owned your cars as long as you have and you didnt know that, shame on you :lol:

Sorry dude but were not like Andy D. Poking our cocks into small spaces on cars and probing about.

:wink:

I've been behind my glovebox once and that was to push the fuel safety switch thingy. Oh thinking about it was that infact the ECU? :oops: :lol:

andy182 said:
ok so another way to tell is if it will rev past 5000rpm when stationary?

Yeah wait untill it's nice and warm, and then see if the revs will rise up past 6krpm, if it does then it's looking like you've gotta a Hondata Reflashed ECU :)

Right i have now completed the following items and ere are te results:

Rev'd when stationary and went past 7000
VTEC change over is really smooth
Rev limit indicates just past 9000
There is no plug on top of the ECU.

If this is a Hondata Reflashed ECU can it be remapped?

It can be upgraded to Kpro for around £400 IIRC so then can be remapped from then. As it is it's a generic tuned map for basic mods like Intake and cat-back or a standard car :)

deano_123 said:
CTR_Paul said:
andy182 said:
Is there a way of checking what ecu i have fitted?

The Ecu is behind the glovebox, nice and easy to find. To drop the glovebox down, just open it up and press the sides in. Then you'll be able to see the top of the ECU. If it has a hole in the top for a connector, you have K-Pro. :)

Another good way of spotting a chipped CTR is if on a morning the car rev's itself when it's cold, going upto 2000rpm then dropping back down to 1500rpm, then once warm the idle is stable.

i always wondered why my cars done this since it got done

good darts

As far as i know,my car hasn't had any ECU mods at all, but it does seem to have the characteristics described above, when it is cold it usually hovers around the 1500-1750 rpm mark unitl it is nicely warmed through.

Don't know hwat thismeans, but an ECU upgrade is gonna be added to my list of bits anyway.

If it just hovers thats normal, but it's a constant rise and fall thats a character of the Kpro :)

HASNIC said:
If it just hovers thats normal, but it's a constant rise and fall thats a character of the Kpro :)

Yeah they're strange when they do that, always wondered why it sometimes 'hunts' the revs when cold... I didn't know it was a KPRO trait though 8)

Ok another question for the really knowledgeable people on this forum!

Is the temp indicator supposed to only read a 1/4 and the fan come on alot?

All other cars i have owned have read 1/2 and the fan hardly comes on!

Yeah the temp gauge only ever reaches 1/4-1/3 up the gauge so don't stress about that, as for the fan, it's been too long from me owning one for me to say!

chippyleigh said:
If the ecu is a Hondata K100 (no external USB) then yes it could be re-mapped.

Only by CPL though which for him is a pain as they are the other end of the country.

andy182 said:
If they can remap it the petrol is cheaper than an upgrade to a K Pro

Problem is though, the next time you mod your car you'll have to go all the way back to Kent to get it mapped again. With a KPro you can take it to Sys R and a few other companies, or once your proficient with it yourself you can map your car "on the road". Then there is the datalogging and the fact you can look like the bloke from the Fast And The Furious and have a laptop connected to your ECU (well, not so much the last one :lol: ).

To sum up mate, if you plan on changing mods/further modifying your car then the KPro is worth every penny.

Back