• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Rev matching

Unfortunately yes.

Had engine management light twice. No idea atm. Just code result.

Will be referred back to Honda

ot oh! first one I have seen with a UK owner....loads of stuff on the civicx forum with the US owners.

Will paste some links when I can

ctr-tsb-569x610.png

Haven't you had a few error codes over the last couple of months flaky?

Starting to sound like a Friday afternoon jobbie.

Just this solidarity one...twice...touch wood no more.

The other was a modulator which controls the lighting on the centre console and a blown fuse which knocked out the rear lights. These were probably to do with how they fitted the Illumination Pack as they were working before and with the door sills needing to be refitted, front and back (good luck removing the rear ones without damaging paintwork as they’re probably stuck on), as the wrong parts were fitted.

Well spoke to the dealership earlier today...gave me a code as long as your arm nut suffice to say that it appears to be something to do with the turbocharger bypass control solenoid valve so likely to be the same as above.

Have now left it with them so watch this space.

So 12 hours later the Rev Matching icon came up again...and a u-turn was performed back to the dealer.

So with Xmas break, they’ll be keeping my car for the next couple of weeks.

Collected my car and have had a new sensor fitted aka the issues identified in US. Speaking to the service manager, he seem to imply that this issue also affected the FK2s.

Collected my car and have had a new sensor fitted aka the issues identified in US. Speaking to the service manager, he seem to imply that this issue also affected the FK2s.

Better tell the service manager that the fk2 has no such rev matching feature.

It’s alarming the lack of knowledge some of these Honda employees have.

Better tell the service manager that the fk2 has no such rev matching feature.

It’s alarming the lack of knowledge some of these Honda employees have.

There is a similar issue whereby a cable/sensor connector can break under tension of the engine rocking on the mounts. Same sensor to turbo waste valve and both result in EML.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-type-r/308785-fk2-recall-cards.html

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/9g-type-r/305937-engine-warning-light-2.html

I'd keep your dealer, at least they've identified the issue and done some reading around the subject.

I'd keep your dealer, at least they've identified the issue and done some reading around the subject.

Yep. At least they read the link I sent them from civinfo put 2 and 2 together, phoned up Honda and got it sorted.

They acknowledged it was the same error code so fingers crossed happy days

Hi guys,

Ive driven 900 km and this problem came up. Honda Malmö are replacing this part (#2) to solve the problem. They also told me just to turn rev matching off, and its safe for me to drive the car whilst I am waiting for the part to arrive.

Attachments

• 26772047_10155512042939775_2105032277_o.jpg
    26772047_10155512042939775_2105032277_o.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 24
Hi guys,

Ive driven 900 km and this problem came up. Honda Malmö are replacing this part (#2) to solve the problem. They also told me just to turn rev matching off, and its safe for me to drive the car whilst I am waiting for the part to arrive.

Good luck. Hope it solves the issue.

Back