• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rev's dropping/stalling after JRSC fitting? Still no joy!!!

I doubt it will be anything mechanical as my ctr does this also but seems to sort itself out after around 20-30 miles. since it clears itself up after a bit i think its the ecu resetting itself.

This is interesting you lot are now putting bets on it haha! i'll update you guys very soon and somebody is going to have to pay up!

Hope somebody is keeping a note on all these bets. I was going to throw in a modified rear bumper but I think it's a bit too much. Besides Comic_chi will appreciate cash for fuel :)

I doubt it will be anything mechanical as my ctr does this also but seems to sort itself out after around 20-30 miles. since it clears itself up after a bit i think its the ecu resetting itself.

Yep when resetting the ecu / battery it normally takes for the fan to come on before everything normalises.

Oh and my money is on the map & I think CPL should have been a lot more helpful considering how much money you have just spent with them.

Having said that I am not surprised either.

Well hopefully on Sunday, i'll have tested the ELD and swap over my cousins throttle body and if neither sorts it, will get the vacuums pipes and what not checked by Romain/Tom before a remap is discussed as I've got a quote for that already.

I will be livid if it is the map, they will get bad press on CTRO if this is the case

If you'd have done your research you should expect this level of service from them.

CPL are renowned for their poor aftersales.

I'd have had Tom fit it and then mapped by Romain personally

(Well, I fitted my own and got MASEd)

Well its done now so no turning back, I did ask Tom to order me the JRSC but he never got back to me for weeks/months

ELD swapped over, testing mileage completed and its not solved the issue, throttle assembly swap to be completed, will update again when its done, probably after the new year now.

Well, I'm going to give CPL racing a final chance to take my car, have a look at it for free cause the problem was not there before i handed it to them and if they ain't having it, its going to a well established tuner to have a once over. If it comes to that, I'm ready to write CPL off on CTRO in an attempt to get others to avoid them like the plague!!!

Well, CPL were happy to look at my car at a cost, so i said sod them!

Today I went TGM whilst my cousin was having his car serviced and after a short inspection by Tom and his team...he may have solved the issue and without taking any money off me...will do a few more miles to test and let you know as my drive back from there and through London town, the car's rev's were normal!

I have to say the service at TGM is very good. Glad to hear your back on the road mate :D.

Do let us know how the next several days go and please do nominate the winner of this bet LOl:)

Right after about 200 miles now, its not gone. TGM said the installation of the JRSC appears correct but the vacuum hose on the intake manifold, the one you get for the RBC to fit kept on collapsing when off the throttle and didn't look like they used my old RBC hose. I and Tom believed that this could be the root to my problem as when i come off the throttle and press the clutch pedal at any rev's in any gear, it cause the engine rev's to intermittently drop/cause engine to stall.

Ive gone and got a silicone vacuum to replace it and the rev dropping has not gone although it has yet to cause the engine to stall (maybe an improvement). so with the installation correct and the only thing to have changed since i handed my car to CPL being the map, the car has been booked in with Eurospec in February for Romain to work his magic as he did when i was N/A and to have the modded OEM tensioner fitted as I'm thinking my car has begun to have belt slip as it has on a couple of occasions bunny hopped and struggled to get power through but when lifting off and re-applying the power, it stops.

I am hoping that it will be the simple thing of just the map.

Kenny did have a chat with Tom after i had left and it was discussed that the map felt lumpy in the low rev's under 3500rpm...could that have a bearing on my issue? who knows as its only intermittent...

Back