• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

revs rise when changing from 3rd to 4th

Hi, I had a new oem clutch installed about 500miles ago today I was giving car some beans from 3rd to 4th at about 5krpm the revs just rises when I dipped the clutch to get in to 4th any ideas??? It also did this when I took the car to 7krpm on a steep hill changed to 4th and I heard the revs rise going vroom! Any ideas thanks haz.

Sounds like the clutch is gone. But you saying you just had it done then god knows. Maybe not fitted properly?

Probably a higher biting point than your last clutch and you're still on the accelerator while you depressed the clutch.

Well I wasn't on the accelerator when I dipped it and it doesn't happen all the time. I did read on other forums they need bedding in?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told to bed my clutch in for 500miles before giving it vtec. I had an OEM Honda clutch fitted.

Well I wasn't on the accelerator when I dipped it and it doesn't happen all the time. I did read on other forums they need bedding in?

If it's not doing it all the time, and just once or twice, you could have been slightly tipping on it without realising it. I know I did it often enough when I wore work shoes. Coming up off the pedal the side of my foot would snag behind the brake pedal so I'd still have a bit of weight on the accelerator when I pressed the clutch.

If it's not doing it all the time, and just once or twice, you could have been slightly tipping on it without realising it. I know I did it often enough when I wore work shoes. Coming up off the pedal the side of my foot would snag behind the brake pedal so I'd still have a bit of weight on the accelerator when I pressed the clutch.

Your right mate its new as well need to go easy with it. Thanks

Back