• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rim protectors

Rimblades fitted

Fitted some yesterday, as the only thing that let the car down was some minor curb damage to the alloys, quite simple to do and for £30 worth a go, covered all but one little area, might touch that up

One thing to bear in mind though they probably have to come off if you change tyres, or have a puncture, so best to fit them when your tyres are fairly new

They state they are easy to remove, but I suspect that only applies if you put them on new rims, on damaged rims it may well pull any 'flakey' bits of paint off, if that happens I would probably get them refurbed. Another downside 'Do not exceed 40mph in first 24hrs after fitting'.. not a possability ;), so best leave it in the garage then :(

NSF-Before-L.jpg

NSF-After-L.jpg

RonS

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair play that looks a lot better. was thinking of doing the same as mine are a little curbed and also the new tyres have no kerb walls

The silver rim protectors actual look ok to cover damage, if a refurb cant be afforded or done yourself.

Red (or any other colour) rim protectors want to be burnt along with bonnet bras

UPDATE

As fate will have it I got a slow puncture, found the culprit a small nail, so wheel off and down to tyre shop

As suspected the Rimblade had to come off the guy was not keen to do it, so I did it came off quite easily and no evidence of paint flakes with it

Got it home, took about 45mins to remove the old 'glue' residue (used a hairdryer to warm it up first) and fit a new one, I had a spare pack so 3 more left, I hope I don't need them

RonS

Good to hear someone talking about these as I came across them on Ebay and have been debating it ever since. I ideally want to go with the purple colour though as that's my colour theme with the black car!

Definitely made a difference on your alloys - They look good.

Back