• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RIP R-31566

Mossy

Loves his re-re-reposts
Tragically taken from me by the great floods of Fri 20th July :smt089 :-({|=

On that day, it took me 36 (yes - thirty six) hours to get home from work (it's usually a four hour trip). This included a couple of hours "sleep" on the backseat in deepest darkest Oxfordshire whilst listening to what seemed like the contents of Ladybower gushing passed me ...

At least they were an interesting few final hours... (the full details would be a story in their own right, but include):

1) Being stuck in a "state of emergency" zone, that was closed & controlled by the police, with them, the local fire service (incl. a helicopter) out looking for me Saturday evening - as well as the recovery truck.

2) Thanks to the good people of Marston Meysey for providing me with food & drink throughout Saturday (without taking any payment),

3) Special thanks to one family for inviting me into their home to freshen up, drink all their tea, & for sharing their roast meal with me.

Cause of death = misadventure (pitch black country roads, BIG puddles & CAI don't mix - no matter how careful you think you are being).

Dealership estimates an 8k repair bill, and the insurance valuation inspector performed the final rights Fri morn.
Still waiting for confirmation from the insurance people, but it looks like she's gone.

No flowers please

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like an adventure of a life time. :lol:

You live to buy another Type R. Maybe an FD2? ;)

Sad news Mossy.....sorry to hear it.:( :(

You watch these things unfold on the telly and forget they may actually affect people you know.:eek:

Hope you get a decent payout from the insurers though.

Any thoughts on your next car?

oh noes Mossy.. :(

my sincerest commiserations..

As a small eulogy, I would like to say that R-31566 was looked after like one of Mossy's own. It was pampered and cared for (with mini group buys of Megs') every week. Driven with the determination and love that any Type-R could only wish for, R-31566 had a fulfilling and well modified life..

Rest in Peace. :D

I'm sure donations to Mossy's FD2 fund would be gratefully received. ;)

Sorry to hear this ol' chap.

I bet you are well hacked off! I know I would be. It's amazing how something we need to live and survive can also be so destructive

Thanks people...

Until I hear back from the insurance people (hopefully tomorrow) I don't know my budget will be, but i've started looking...

However, i still want to stay in the type-r stable - & JDM is looking v tempting - even though there isn't too much around at the mo

Gutted for you Mossy,

It was an excellent example of a Type R:cool:

Will you get chance to remove your Mods???
Don't know what the deal is with this (having never written a car off before!)

I've got most of the stock stuff at home (air filter / exhaust / suspension / ice / spoon gear knob) - but i might struggle with the bits where I don't have replacements (seats / k-pro).

will check with the insurance people once they confirm their position - (whether their included in the valuation), and whether I can buy them back

What year was the car and what did you think it was worth? I'm waiting for a decision on mine after hydrolocking it on the A419 near swindon last week. Have spoke to the insurance company and can buy it back for 20% of the payout value if they write it off.

04 (with 52k on the clock) & insured for 11k

insurance chap looked at it Fri am, and started writing his report
insurers should get the report today/tomorrow

Should find out the details this thursday... worrying times ahead

Back