• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rocker cover painting

Im thinking of painting my rocker cover as mine is looking a little tatty now. I have seen that a couple of other people have done this and just wondered what type of paint they had used and where they had got hold of it.

Cheers for any help Rob.

I got mine done through a guy on ctro called Bren.

He does a very good job and offers an exchage service aswell.

If you diy it i'm not sure how long it will last as the rocker cover gets very hot after a blast.

Not sure man, one tin should be alright though i'd have thought? Could buy two, and then sell the other if you don't use it?

Ok so i ordered one tin of this VHT Red Wrincled paint and this morning i decided today was the day. So stripped of the rocker cover and covered it in nitromose.
IMG00050-20091011-1009.jpg

While i was waiting for it to do its thing i decided id prep the plug and manifold cover.
got every thing sprayed up and put back together and these are the results
IMG00051-20091011-1446.jpg

IMG00052-20091011-1446.jpg

Looks very nice mate. Wouldn't mind my rocker cover looking a bit better like that.

Looks pretty good, is it that orange looking or is it the camera? Was it easy to do overall?

Like Hasnic said its mostly the camara but i do think its a slightly light red than the original. Id say the hardest part is getting the rocker cover off. Its a bit of a pain getting it past the brake and clutch reservoirs. If i was going to do it again i think it unbolt them and pull them out of the way.

Looks very nice mate. Wouldn't mind my rocker cover looking a bit better like that.

Give it a go mate £20 for the paint stripper and paint and a couple of hours work. Gets you a new looking rocker cover and tidys the engine bay up no end.

So it does.
Either way looks like you done a good job on it though, that's all that matters.
When cleaning my 'bay the other weekend some of the paint flaked off, so it be my turn next :lol:

So it does.
Either way looks like you done a good job on it though, that's all that matters.
When cleaning my 'bay the other weekend some of the paint flaked off, so it be my turn next :lol:

Yeah thats what happened to mine! It finally pushed me into doing it. im glad i did makes the hole under bonnet area look cleaner just from doing that

Back