• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rosco's Milano FN2

Hi Rosco, have you had it fitted yet?

Not yet mate, haven't had a chance! :(

I've got a spare hour or two tomorrow afternoon but I might use that to go get some brasso and give the pipe a good polish! I want it to be nice and shiny when it goes on!!
Having said that though I'm itching to see if louder than the AEM!

Job done just before the light faded this afternoon

IMG_0384_zpscc7e85ee.jpg

IMG_0380_zps5bb12d08.jpg

And yes it is louder than the AEM......and more importantly, no more hesitation on full throttle!

Now for Tegiwa to sort their heat shield out"

Oh wow that looks a neat job :smt023

Should look the business with the heat shield fitted too! Btw, "no more hesitation on full throttle" ......... was that quite bad then? Never noticed anything on mine but i've got the CAI i guess, so goes under the bumper etc

(Nice Spoon socks too, exactly the same as mine.... i mean they add like 5 bhp each on their own don't they :D/ )

Good work mate. Do you prefer it to the aem?

first impressions are.....it's 10 times better! power seems to come much more smoothly, the AEM would jerk and hesitate on full throttle! as for the sound, it's louder but also a little more aggressive somehow!
i knew it was a superior kit, but i didnt have the money for it when i first changes me system, and im rather impatient so i went for the cheap and cheerfull option!

Oh wow that looks a neat job :smt023

Should look the business with the heat shield fitted too! Btw, "no more hesitation on full throttle" ......... was that quite bad then? Never noticed anything on mine but i've got the CAI i guess, so goes under the bumper etc

(Nice Spoon socks too, exactly the same as mine.... i mean they add like 5 bhp each on their own don't they :D/ )

Thanks mate, my AEM shortram just seemed to jerk a bit when you put your foot down!! whether thats down to the lack of a velocity stack on it or if i just fitted it badly i dont know! i think the AEM for the FN2 was actually designed for the american civic si so maybe that has something to do with it......anyhow i wont slag it off too badly as i've still got too try and flog it :rolleyes: it certainly looked good and made a very nice noise!

Haha, yeah with the ressy socks and the kevlar manifold cover i must be making at least 250 bhp :p

Have you ordered a tegiwa heat shield yet? I hear they are going to improve the next batch

no not yet, i did email and ask them when they will be selling the improved version but all i got back was 'dont know', i also emailed TDi North and they said they wont be making any more at all!

i might have a stab at designing one myself, i'm a draughtsman by day!

By all accounts the Tegiwa one fits OK if you take the OEM airbox mounting plate off or you can trim and bend it to fit with it on.

no not yet, i did email and ask them when they will be selling the improved version but all i got back was 'dont know', i also emailed TDi North and they said they wont be making any more at all!

i might have a stab at designing one myself, i'm a draughtsman by day!

That is annoying as tdi said they would tell me when they have the new ones in, if you do design one please let me know! Lol

By all accounts the Tegiwa one fits OK if you take the OEM airbox mounting plate off or you can trim and bend it to fit with it on.

May end up with a tegiwa one then, they said they would improve the next batch

The thing is they'll have to sell their existing stock of the old one. So they won't want to come out and say, yes we've got it ready as everyone will wait for that.

I think they did mention April, and that's about the right time for getting one with the temperatures starting to rise around then.

Back