• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rota Grid Drift's ......

Hey,

So I have decided that I want a set of Rota Grid Drift's for my EP3.
I have searched through the topics on the forums regarding these wheels and fitment, but there is only a few from a while ago that is people asking about them.
What I am wondering is if anybody has now fitted a set of these and has any points I should be aware of before purchasing?

Thanks for any advice :)

I found it virtually impossible to find a set of Rotas in 5x114 back in November when I was looking for wheels. Phoned EVERY company in the UK and none had Drifts or GTR's in anything but 19".

I THINK there may be some sets in 17's but they're both 5x100 AND in a stupidly low offset (Nissan fitment + Rota are all about drifters, hence the abundance of these), so basically no chance of them fitting once you add the size of hub adapters + crazy offset you'd have like -20 offset haha

You can get Rota Torques though, loads of sets of them available but obviously they're a completely different style.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have some rotas on my fn2 not sure what kind. i can try and find out the off set if you want?

I have found a company that does them in 17" 5x114.3 8.5j ET30.

So the question is will these fit?

8.5J + ET30, I think they'd stick out quite a bit. That's assuming a CTR is the same as an ITR in regards to OEM offset being around +45 on 7-7.5" wheels?

Using a few websites that take your old and new wheel sizes and calculates the difference, it would be very close.
I would have to stretch the tyres slightly but really need to test fit some.

YES!!

I have found evidence of an EP3 fitted with the wheels I want and in the same fitment!!
Some of you will have seen the photos of it .... A yellow EP3 on black rota grid drifts.
He has it lowered and I think the tyres are 205/40/17 but it is proof that the wheels will fit.

Must .... Order .... A ..... Set!! :D

They'll fit, but you'll need stretched tyres, your arches rolled to minimise scrubbing and a shed load of camber to get them legal. If your car is lowered, you may have to flare the arches too as these are going to be catching on everything. With ET30, you are basically pushing them nearly and extra inch out wards compared to the Hinda standard which I think is about ET60, but that just may be the Teg.

I knew I would have to stretch the tyres, but from the looks of those pictures I dont know if he is running much camber even though he has slammed it.
But thanks for the help NYA :)

There are other sizes in 17", I am looking into them as well hence why I posted on the forum as well, you can get 17x9et20 and 17x9et42 which are both the big concave, they can be fitted! I was speaking to rare rims and rota online both said 17x9et42 is basically a straight fit, should sit flush with wheel arches, someone I know got 17x9et20 and was complaining running big camber until I told him he ordered the wrong ones... 17x9et42 should fit as I'm looking at a set as well! Smoke hoes ep3 is running 17x9.5 et45 or something with 10mm spacer so should be fine, let me know though as I would be interested also!

Thanks for the info Davey.
I guess the best option is to speak to Julian at RareRims and test fit one to see what is best. That way the question can finally be answered and I can pass on the info to people like yourself :)

Back