• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rota Slipstreams on an EP3 type R?

I have always liked these wheels and have a few questions:

1) Are they safe/strong? I don't know a lot of them but have heard the odd horror story.
2) What size and tyre combo do people tend to run on the EP3?
3) Can you post pics of yours (preferably black on a cosmic grey EP3!)

Personally I wouldn't buy rota. I don't understand how copy wheels can be so expensive??

Maybe look at Inovit. They do copies but are not as expensive as Rota. Same issues as rota obviously but you aren't paying ridiculous money for them.

Personally I wouldn't buy rota. I don't understand how copy wheels can be so expensive??

Maybe look at Inovit. They do copies but are not as expensive as Rota. Same issues as rota obviously but you aren't paying ridiculous money for them.

I've heard the horror stories. Surely they can't be that bad or they wouldn't be allowed to sell them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Forged wheels will obviously be stronger, but there isn't anything inherently wrong with Rotas.

Plenty of people track them without issues.

I had Rota Slipstreams on my S2000.

They were fine, tracked them an all.

The only failures I've heard of are where big side impacts happened, in that sense, you can understand a failure but it's not like they disolve in water and all that nonsense.

I had Rota Slipstreams on my S2000.

They were fine, tracked them an all.

The only failures I've heard of are where big side impacts happened, in that sense, you can understand a failure but it's not like they disolve in water and all that nonsense.

Well exactly, any wheel would be damaged in that instance. I thought they just like broke up while driving, or that's the impression the haters give. It's obviously bollocks! Cheers boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Well exactly, any wheel would be damaged in that instance. I thought they just like broke up while driving, or that's the impression the haters give. It's obviously bollocks! Cheers boys.

Not normal driving no! There have been odd times when under serious load they have buckled. My issue with rota's is more aimed at them being an expensive copy. I like rota's I just wouldn't pay the money for them.

I like rota's I just wouldn't pay the money for them.

I had staggered 17" polished Rota Slipstreams wrapped in F452's with fixings all for under £1000.

That is a baragin.

And it was normal cost, no special offer or anything.

How much were the F452's seperate?

I personally wouldn't pay over £500 (without rubber) for replica wheels. It just seems ridiculous to me.

I personally wouldn't pay over £500 (without rubber) for replica wheels. It just seems ridiculous to me.

I come from a time when I paid £13'000 for my EP3.

So maybe putting £500 wheels on a £2000 EP3 might seem madness to you.

Buying a realistcaly proven, brand new wheel, with correct offsets from the factory with brand new tyres fitted and balanced, ready to go straight on and roll, for under a grand was good business. I still stand by that.

Ive got 19" forged RAYS that are 10" wide on my 370Z. Dont look how much they cost though, as you will cry into your £2 JDM coin holder.

You see the thing is, they're actual wheels made to do a job. Regardless of whether the design is similar or the same as someone else's, they still need to act as wheels.

If I was just going to hang them on a wall I wouldn't give a toss but if they were going on my car too cheap would worry me in all honestly.

I come from a time when I paid £13'000 for my EP3.

So maybe putting £500 wheels on a £2000 EP3 might seem madness to you.

Buying a realistcaly proven, brand new wheel, with correct offsets from the factory with brand new tyres fitted and balanced, ready to go straight on and roll, for under a grand was good business. I still stand by that.

Ive got 19" forged RAYS that are 10" wide on my 370Z. Dont look how much they cost though, as you will cry into your £2 JDM coin holder.

LOL you seriously want to go down that road?? I don't think you quite got what I was saying .........

My point is I am not going to pay over £500 for a set of what is essentially rip-off cheap copy wheels. I would rather pay £1500-£2000 for genuine wheels.

I used to have a £1500 audi A3. I bought a set of genuine BBS wheels for £1500 for that car.

If I paid £2000, £20000, or £200,000. There is no way I would pay £1000 for replica wheels. Personal choice. I didn't make any comments about your choice did you? I gave you my opinion.

Now where is my £2 JDM coin holder ............... :'(

You see the thing is, they're actual wheels made to do a job. Regardless of whether the design is similar or the same as someone else's, they still need to act as wheels.

If I was just going to hang them on a wall I wouldn't give a toss but if they were going on my car too cheap would worry me in all honestly.

Aren't all wheels "actual wheels" made to do a job? If I wanted cheap copies that "do a job" I would buy Inovit's because they are cheap.

If you like.

I don't give a fcuk what you think.

no need to retaliate calling me a cheapskate then when it's quite the opposite is there?

Like I said, I like Rota's. But if I wanted to buy cheap replicas I would buy inovit. If I wanted decent wheels I would buy works etc.

Glad to hear you have bought proper wheels for the 370z ;)

Lewys fitting into his avatar a little too comfortably.

God old forbid somebody on a forum has a different opinion.

See what Rotas cause?

Division between brothers.

You can even buy fake Rotas these days in a never ending mirror within a mirror abyssal scene headfvck.

I'd buy them.

Back