• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rota Slipstreams on an EP3 type R?

I use TOYO R1R for days in the wet and I've got TOYO 888 for dry days. The car is track only these days but I was running the R1R as daily tyres also and they were great!

i really want to give Federal RSR's a try but they're hard to get hold of in any decent size I might want. I have however gone with a bit of an experiment and run 205/55/16 on the rear whilst keeping the 225's up front on my 888's. It's something I've seen quite a bit in various race cars, reduces drag slightly and lots of other minimal changes. See how I get on with it.

The car has just had it's cage fitted so I have a few piccies of that. I'll upload them tomorrow when I'm back with my laptop.

Apologies just seen the big typo in my tyre sizes!

Im running 225/50/16 as a standard size.

The skinnier rears I've got are 205/55/16. They give the same balloon spec appearance but obviously 20mm narrower.

Ted - what size are yours?

R'ash - same question to you too! :D

They are all 215/45/17 the front wheels are 8.5j and rears 8j so a slight stretch on the front. I bought an arch roller though so i can put wider tyres on when these need replacing

That's a good point, when I fitted my tyres due to the lowering on coilovers and the alignment on the rear I was
getting quite a bit of rub.

I combatted this by using my trusty trolley jack handle and a heat gun to work open the arch enough to
be rub free.

Back