• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rota Torques..

Hi all,

Looking at the pictures below I have fallen in love with the Rota Torques but I dont know if they are the drift series or the normal lightweight series.. any ideas? Im after 17 inch alloys and want to keep the normal width. Anyone have the measurements? Any good places to buy cheap? I will need tyres too.

2uxuyiv.jpg

117zbt3.jpg

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Lee

Top ones are Work Emotion wheels. Bottoms are torques. You want the light weight range as drift series are going to be on the wider side. Rotashop and Rarerims are the two places off hand I can think of. I may be interested in a set if you can source a group buy :)

Wow I didn't even know they are difference makes! Those work ones are gorgeous especially with the red lettering and bolts. That's what I'm after. I'll get some prices tomorrow and give them a ring about the group buy :) thanks mate! :smt023

Work emotions are 'bare dolla blud' so torques are the way to go. 17'' 7.5 offset 42 iirc

What does Offset mean?

The offset of a wheel is the distance from the mounting surface of the wheel to the true centerline of the rim. A positive offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is positioned in front of the true centerline of the rim / tire assembly. This in effect brings the tire in to the fender well more. Conversely, a negative offset means the mounting surface of the wheel is behind the true centerline of the rim / tire assembly. This will cause the tire to stick out away from the vehicle.

Aaah I see thanks dan. So if i get off set 42 will they remain in the same place? What tyres would you recommend?

Aaah I see thanks dan. So if i get off set 42 will they remain in the same place? What tyres would you recommend?

I am sure 42 is perfeclty fine for the EP3. I thought the EP3 ahd an offset of 45?

Depends how much you want to spend of tyres :)

So If I get a 42 off set they will be under the wheel arch more than if they are offset 45?

Hmm, well I don't want cheapy ones! I can't even remember how much I paid for normal ones

So If I get a 42 off set they will be under the wheel arch more than if they are offset 45?

Hmm, well I don't want cheapy ones! I can't even remember how much I paid for normal ones

I believe so, your better of asking a wheel guru or PM the guy above that has fitted rota torques

I just copied and pasted that bit above :)

Ok I spoke to TGM. Good news is that they can do group buy discounts on pretty much anything. If they have the product in stock then the more discount they can do. Equally the more we order the more discount we can have.. I know that not everyone is not going to want rota torques. So I can order rota wheels of any size, and type with or without tyres/wheel nuts of the obvious colours like red/blue/black etc to maximize the discount we can have. Once People know what they want we can make a list on here. I'll speak to Tom at TGM again and he will allocate us a discount tag which we name when ordering the goods from TGM. Payment can then be sent direct to him. I think, opinions are welcome, that this is the best way to make our payments as it's safer for buyers on here etc..

I'll post up a group buy thingy and see what people are after. I think we can get creative to.. Not just rotas we can order, we can have camber bolts, springs, shocks, coilovers, front and rear ARB, all strut braces and so on..

I did make enquiries about the FRSU and a group discount for this. Unfortunately this is the only think that cannot be done due to a 10% discount already being applied.. I'm trying to work this down lol.

Fingers crossed! :D

Hero. Well I'll be happy to see what can be done on a set of torques and eibach springs.

I believe so, your better of asking a wheel guru or PM the guy above that has fitted rota torques

I just copied and pasted that bit above :)

No, I believe it works like this:

The lower the offset the further out the wheels sit.

Low offset:

attachment.php

The Higher the offset the deeper the wheel sits beneath the arch.

High offset:

TRICKY3.jpg

+42 ET is lower than + 45 ET which means means that the Rota Torques in +42, sit 3mm away from the mounting surface than a +45 wheels; make sense?

When you get into minus offsets, these are extremely low offsets. Deep-Dished Wheels, are the immediate example that spring to mind, and will normally have a negative offset, so that the 'dished effect can be created properly.

+42 on a 17 x 7.5 will fit perfectly - there should be no issues, even if you were lowered too - obviously if you are dropped something like 70mm, rubbing wheels will be the least of your issues. :)

Incidentally, on the topic of these wheels - I have some Genuine Work Emotions in white :twisted:

Edit: I could... be interested in some Rota Circuit 10's if the discount is worthwhile - it's only speculative interest ATM though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also be interested in a set of Torques or Circuit 10's in Bronze :evil: depending on price etc

Thanks Sunny your a legend.. Makes perfect sense too even for me ( which is really saying something!)

put your interest in rota wheels here with the relevant sizes etc and I will enquire about prices once we have enough interest. As it says on the post below once we have a list of people with what they want I will contact TGM and get the best possible price. I'll feedback to you lot what the prices are and we'll see how much of a saving there is and make the order if all are happy :)

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...ny-type-size-and-colour..&p=718157#post718157

love love to all - can't wait to see you all at our next meet.

Lee

Just noticed the LCAs are going upwards lol, if it werent so low that would actually be a nice Civic

Back