• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rough sound from engine area ???

Hi all, I just bought a integra dc2 type r and I seem to be getting a rough sound from poss drive shafts or brakes or maybe dry bearings, in the car it sounds like something isn't right. Is there any problems with these cars that it might be?

It's like bearings that have now grease or brake metal to metal sound when driving, but the noise is coming into car and gets rougher when going faster. It is loud and I have tried dipping clutch to see if it's that and taking it out of gear but still get it?

Does it sound worse when you free-wheel/de-accelarate? I have a dry bearing sounding noise, in fact thats exactly how I'd describe it too, and that seems to become louder under de-accelarating. I've researched it and the only possible culprit was the clutch release bearing but after seeing mecahnic, was told it's just the gearbox working. Obviously I don't know because I havn't heard the noise on your car and may be different etc. But regarding my problem, I've driven other EP3's and they're exactly the same...

I don't think it's worse when slowing down. Free wheeling is the same. Will get it up on the ramps tomorrow and have a look and cover all pullys in grease and see if there is anything rubbing against the car

reminds me of a thread i read on another forum a guy tried to do a oil change using a hosepipe to "clean out all the old oil"

brake_fail_jalopnik_07.jpg

Be more specific with your posts. When you say 'cover the pulleys in grease' it doesn't mean or sound like 'oil/grease the pulley bearings' ;)

Will do, sorry.

Don't apologise mate. come on were just messin with ya :lol:

the noise as described can be either a bearing, cv joint, brake component(s), wheels out of alignment. as the noise doesn't fade or change when dropping the clutch or dropping the revs so it must be external to the engine.

Back