• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

RRC inlet manifold+FD2 TB vs FD2 oil pump balancer shaft delete

I few years back I had a Peugeot 106 gti and I put dic piper cams in. When the car was mapped And tested I was told that the car looses power at the top end. On further investigation the garage found out that they have put the timing belt with one tooth out which led to the valves tapping on the pistons and they hade to replace them. I just hope it's not the same story all over again

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

I had a timing chain & tensioner done at around 90k on my ep3 years back. Before changing them over the mechanic checked the timing to find it 1.5 teeth out and I hadn't noticed any drop in performance or experienced any running issues at all. It certainly won't interfere (valves meet pistons) until it's more than a few teeth out.

I had an update today.
Cam angle actuator causes the issue. There is no power when v Tec engage mid range.
What can cause the cam angle actuator problem?

I had an update today.
Cam angle actuator causes the issue. There is no power when v Tec engage mid range.
What can cause the cam angle actuator problem?

VTC pulley
Actuator for VTC
Oil pressure
Mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have changed the vtc solenoid and the car is about to go on the dyno I hope Tuesday the latest. I will have more info on Saturday as I need to go down to pick up something from the car.

I just had a call from Eurospec and they have changed the Toda manifold (second hand) to my old Tegiwa, they have also replaced the vtec solenoid and ran the car on the dyno today. The car made 238bhp I spoke to Romain and he told me that an Fn2 with my mods will never make more than 240bhp on Eurospec rollers, so I am now happy that it's all sorted. I will still run it on Surrey rolling road next week to see what the car has gained from last year's run there which was 233bhp with all the bolt ons breathing mods. I now need to replace the flexis on the Toda manifold.

I just had a call from Eurospec and they have changed the Toda manifold (second hand) to my old Tegiwa, they have also replaced the vtec solenoid and ran the car on the dyno today. The car made 238bhp I spoke to Romain and he told me that an Fn2 with my mods will never make more than 240bhp on Eurospec rollers, so I am now happy that it's all sorted. I will still run it on Surrey rolling road next week to see what the car has gained from last year's run there which was 233bhp with all the bolt ons breathing mods. I now need to replace the flexis on the Toda manifold.

Good news! Let us know how you get on.

Back