• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Rubber roof strips

Hi guys. I have not long had my Ctr, at the moment I'm just tidying it up but after cleaning it I've encountered the rubber strips on the roof are kind of "weathered".Does anybody have a solution? Or is is time to replace them?Thanks Craig.
D0C049A6-14A7-410D-A5BA-51894FEDE188-2421-0000014E0353D3A4_zps3ef39e76.jpg
F68AEA97-4CF6-4A4D-BBCA-AC31983438C3-2421-0000014DF7F2E5C4_zps63134394.jpg

I will give the back to black a go thanks.
you say you had just cleaned it, that doesnt look like youve just cleaned the car at all.
The car was clean. The photos were taken a few days later. I trust you will be aware the uk weather does not help in keeping it clean for long...

Craig

back to black will only be a temporary fix and doubt it will cover those spots.
Try some Klasse AIO

I have autosmart tardis in the garage, I imagine that would produce the same affect? I will try that out and report back, I have nothing to lose lol. Thanks for the response.
Craig

I was just thinking of buying new ones for my car. Try the other stuff first then ask Hendy (a trader on here) to sort you out with some new ones.

You can get a rubber trim restorer but for the life of me i cant remember the name. I used it on the window rubber on my golf and it came up a treat

Smooth peanut butter sparingly rubbed into the exterior plastics works really well, I was sceptical myself at first but honestly it works... I used it on a '53 plate fiesta that had terrible dried polish marks and weathered rubber seals similar to yours and the fiesta's came up really nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Smooth peanut butter sparingly rubbed into the exterior plastics works really well, I was sceptical myself at first but honestly it works... I used it on a '53 plate fiesta that had terrible dried polish marks and weathered rubber seals similar to yours and the fiesta's came up really nice!

!?!?!?

It's true, apparently the natural oils in the peanut butter condition the rubbers, and at the same time makes them look better!

True.

Could try some Jeffs Prime polish on it, then AutoGlym vinyl and rubber care just left to soak in, then buff off a few hours later.
Alternatively, Megs Endurance Tyre Gel.

Back