• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Rusty paint chip under warranty?

Any thoughts?

I have an 08 FN2, 10000 miles in black and have had it form new. As seems to be common from reading various threads, the paint has always chipped easily at the front end.

Never really bothered me too much and some I have touched up but while cleaning the car today I noticed one on the right front wing has started to rust. Had the man from chips away out but he rekons it needs a respray of the area due to the bit of rust (probably 1mm by 3mm).

Does anyone know if/ have any experience of getting this sorted under warranty?

Thanks

If its a chip thats rusted then it won't be covered under warranty as its up to you to touch them up so they don't rust.

Cheers,

Thats my plan, its nearly due its 2 year service so I may as well. Just thought it was worth asking on here in case someone had managed to get it done before somehow.

Kick up a fuss about the **** paint quality on the front of the car, if no luck at the dealership go direct to Honda.

Back