• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ryan's EP3 Premier Edition

Hey all, recently just moved over to the Jap side from zee Germans!
This is my EP3 Premier edition, at the moment I'll not be doing a lot to it as am only 19 and have just payed insurance upfront...

Anyone else from Glasgow or that feel free to say hello!

Anyone recommend cheap wee mods to get me started off?

af404d55d88323595d6249fba315d76b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice car looks tidy and stock :smt004
Most people tend to go for induction kits as the first cheap mod although ive owned a k and n typhoon, green cotton panel filter in standard air box and now a tegiwa m and the tegiwa is worth saving up the extra cash for imo,I wouldmake sure its serviced recently with fresh oil before you start modifying it and keep an eye on your oil levels as these cars use a fair bit when driven hard

Thanks, pretty chuffed it doesn't seem to have been touched, although from what I've learned the last owner was an older gent in his 50s/60s!
It's had a full service just there and I also got the discs and pads done along with a custom backbox (looks kinda the same
as standard)!

I'm gonna go down the induction kit route after the year! Think am gonna go for the simple wee ones like dewiper, wind deflectors etc, Any idea if the speakers are easy enough to upgrade? My Ibiza was a nightmare!

51825add76ccfcc641f0dc8386c5b6ac.jpg

^ that was my old Ibiza!

Front speakers are very easy to upgrade although you either need MDF spacers or you buy cheaply on ebay plastic speaker spacers that then clip in just as the OEM ones do.
Door cards off is a 10 min job max first time round, a few screws and clips.

De-wiper easy, plastic off then a couple of bolts

Climair wind deflectors literally slot in & are little bit better than team Heko ones or if you want the JDM Honda access ones speak to matt at injection imports (but except to pay much more)

Nice effective cheap mod see below:
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?93252-Return-of-the-Footwell-Lighting-Kits!

Thank you Jim, brilliant reply! A was gonna go team heko but I think I'll look at others now, As for the speakers that's a relief as my Ibiza was a total pain in the arse!!

Smithy thank you! Totally loved the seats so had to get one!

Cheers Rich! Tell me about it, typical Scottish weather, probably be waiting til next August for some good weather now eh!

Welcome! Looks lovely mate, wish I had a car like this at 19.

Cheap(ish) mods: weighted gear knob, short shifter, shifter bushes, brake stopper, wind deflectors.

Cheers mate! Trust me a have worked my arse off for it, Just been quite lucky with the insurance if am honest!

Cheers mate I'll have a wee look into that! Few mates have suggested short shifter but a wouldn't even know where to start trying to find one!

Nice one mate!

Is that an Ibiza FR? If so i had the exact same black fr before i bought my ep3 which is also the exact same as yours haha.

Had my ep3 for almost 2 years there mint, love the seats and still not bored of it, its easily 10x better than the Seat ibiza, ibiza was a waste of time.

Im just starting to look at doing a few cheap mods myself, to get me started i think ill go the short shift an bushes and other things i can do myself first, ill keep an eye on here see how you get on with stuff.

But yeh as said before have a look on tegiwa and funky power they have good mods on there.
Also the rickhondar footwell lighting kit which can be bought off a guy on here is great i done it a few weeks ago it looks real good, only £17 too and easy enough to do, only takes about a hour.

Also the speakers are pretty straight forward in the civic, think there 6.5" but yeh need adapters. Also if your going for components (which i wish i did) you can buy tweeter mounts off ebay for about £30, they replace the inside black wing mirror, looks spot on.
Like this;
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447493355.857109.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Jack!

No it was a 1.4 Sportrider, I agree *** prefer the civic to the Ibiza!

I'm gonna have a good look around and hopefully Santa is good to me haha!

Cars going on a rolling road tomorrow aswell so will be interesting to see if it's running what it should be

Car just came off the dyno, 193bhp from a car almost ten year old?! Chuffed isn't even the word!
d87aa32bcf10aadf4e2929dce9497064.jpg

9ff7b406805e18ba835642aa9c91232e.jpg

So I got this done yesterday of my mate who owns a vinyl company called Stickalex!

Really chuffed think it sets the dash off pretty well

Nice motor Ryan !
Im doon in Saltcoats. I also run an 06 cosmic Ep3. Got a bloke ( Daryl ) round the corner that running an 06 cosmic as well.
So much for being rare, ha !!
If you ain't got one, get an induction kit. I picked up a used Aem V2 off eBay. Absolutely love the Vtec roar !!
I spent time reading up on positives and negatives of all the induction kits available. None of them are perfect and I don't personally believe their much good for anything other than noise, but what a hoot they are !!
With more mods, perhaps there's power to be had, but I think they're just a right good laugh. Sore on the petrol gauge though, ha !
If I do a cat back exhaust, it might be the Tegiwa cat back. Quiet until Vtec. Sold my spoon n1 back box to Daryl. Too loud for an old man like me !

On on the off chance that your steering wheel is worn. Have a look at Royalsteeringwheels. I've had mine retrimmed by them. 105 quid plus 10 postage and a 50 quid deposit until you send yours back to them as the exchange. All in, I think it cost me 125 quid. Money well spent. That's my premier edition interior more or less mint !

All the best !

Paul

cheers Paul! Must be rare cause they are all hidden in the west coast of Scotland eh!

I was lucky to pick up a AEM induction, stainless 4-2-1 manifold and straight through (already got a custom back box from C&C) for only £210! Pretty chuffed to say the least

Really lucky as well as my interior is in really good condition, I could use fixing my bumpers up but that can wait until summer!

Hopefully see you around or at a meet!

You may be right there Ryan !
I've had several Honda's over the years. The last being a silver Fn2 Type R GT.
I have to say that I am quite impressed with my Ep3. Not as many creature comforts as my Fn2, but it's a cheap laugh and it still holds its own, even at 9 years old.
Sounds like you got a good deal on your parts. I'm not sure how important it is on a normally aspirated car, but you might be looking at mapping on yours once the full exhaust is fitted. May as well throw an inlet manifold on it as well while your there then, ha !

Front end on mine has been painted, so all good there. It's the bloody door mirror caps that need painting on mine ( stone chips )
Don't even go there with the summer jobs. Mirror caps painted, wheels recon'd and caliper's painted. I'm sure there will be more !

Yeah, perhaps catch up at a meet..........in the summer, ha !

Cheers

Back