• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Loxy

Site Treasurer
Administrator
I've been in touch with RickHondaR and arranged to start selling his LED Footwell Lighting Kits on the forum again.

Rick can do these kits for the following models:
EP3, DC5, CRZ, FN2, FD2 and all FN/FK 8th gen Civics, all 9th gen Civics
2009-2014 Jazz 2nd Gen GE8, 2006-2018 CR-V MK3 & MK4

We are able to offer them for a discounted price on the forum (less than Rick's eBay listings). :smt023

£17.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£26.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£32.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit

Rick now does them as a standalone kit for the 10G Civic including FK8!
These are fully "Plug and Bolt" and include an inline fuse if you don't want to go the full option connector route, and are also completely removable and untraceable should you wish when selling the car on.

The discounted price on the forum is:

£21.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£30.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£36.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit or...

Rick also now does a Plug & Play kit for 8G/9G/10G Civics and 2012+ CRV!
For an extra £10 (over the base price), Rick can now offer these kits with a full Plug & Play with the OEM option connector for 8th Gen, 9th Gen Civic, 10th Gen Civic and 2012+ CRV, as sold separately in this thread.

So with the Option Connector prices are:

£27.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£36.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£42.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit

Also Fiesta MK6, Fiesta MK7, Fiat 500, Corsa C, Corsa D.​

Alright, those last few aren't Hondas, but feel free to spread the word and order them on your mate's behalf. ;)

If you are interested in a set, then please send payment to [email protected] (please mark as gift and if there's a fee buyer needs to cover this too). I can also accept bank transfer, please PM me (Loxy) for details.

Make sure you send it as Paypal gift, and in the notes mark down your address, which car and which colour so that I can get the info to Rick as quickly as possible. Rick will be dealing with any post sales technical issues but please feel free to contact me for anything to do with delivery/payment etc.

Quick recap:

£17.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£26.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£32.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit

+£4 for a 10G plug and bolt kit.
+£10 for the 8G/9G/CRV full Plug & Play kit.
Include address and car/colour in the Paypal payment. Buyer covers Paypal fee (if any).

RickHondaR said:
Honda Civic EP3,
FN2, FD2, FK2, FK8 Type
R
Jazz, CRV, CRZ, Integra DC5
LED Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

This Product Comes Complete With

1 Year Guarantee

100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee

This kit is manufactured to my specifications in the same factory as the LED and my fitting instructions are specifically written for the vehicles advertised below and not a useless universal guide that tells you how to connect the LED to a battery or cigarette lighter. With my instructions you get a full detailed step by step guide like a Haynes manual on how to fit and wire this into your car so no wires will be on show and thatthe finished product will look very professional.

Now with OEM Plug & Play Manufacturers wiring harness plug option.

Very easy to fit with only two wires to connect and takes no more than 10-15 minutes using basic tools.

If you select the dimmer option you will get the latest specification kit with the latest LED chip design that is around 300% brighter than the kit in the pictures while maintaining an approximate 20% power increase so this will not overload your existing car electrical circuit or cause a fire hazard. On top of this the kit then comes with a built in remote control dimmer unit that allows you to set the exact brightness that you like or use one of the pre-set levels like 100%, 50%, 25% etc, the dimmer also has a smart memory so will remember your last setting when returning to your car.

HONDA CRZ;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light above the rear view mirror for example;

1. You open / close your doors
2. When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.

CRV 2006 - 2017;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

If you have your headlights set to welcome mode this will also illuminate when dark as you unlock and lock your car.

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

These LEDs are approx 100% brighter than the OEM Honda LED.

Jazz 2nd Gen / EP Civic 2001-2005 / Integra DC5 / FD2

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

1.You open / close your doors
2.When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.

FN / FK Civic 2006 - 2011;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

I also provide a link to a website how to guide installation instructions so the LEDs illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

(Not available on OEM Plug & Play option)

1.You open / close your doors
2.When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light and this is harder to install due to the 2 wires you have to connect being harder to get at under the dash, having said that some people find this hard while others find it easy.

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

Civic 9G 2011 - 2016 / FK2 Type R;

If you have your headlights set to welcome mode this will also illuminate when dark as you unlock and lock your car.

Civic 10G 2017 Onwards Including FK8 Type R

OEM Plug & Play Option

Non OEM Plug & Play Option

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your ignition is on etc.

Please note my kit is a hard wired "plug n bolt" installation so no wires are cut or spliced and comes complete with an individual fuse carrier, this is the best solution for professional OEM style installation.

Please note; LHD models will be the same with my instructions but a little common sense will be required.

This kit consists of following items;

2 x Flexible strips of 9 RED, BLUE or Xenon White miniature ultra bright LEDs that will provide an even amount of lighting complete with self adhesive 3m backing, I don't supply more LEDs as the strip would then be to long to stick in the footwell and maybe to bright which could draw unwanted attention.

Built in dimmer unit with credit card size remote control (If you have choose YES for the dimmer option).

2 x power connection terminals or scotch locks so no wires are cut, If you choose the OEM Plug & Play option I supply the original manufacturers wiring harness plug so this can be simply plugged into the internal fuse box.

Simple step by step instructions on how to install your ambient footwell lights with colour pictures.

Telephone number for technical support if you have any problems fitting this product.

Why buy this kit from me;

1. This kit is ready to fit and comes complete with simple step by step fitting instructions which are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised.
You usually find other products come complete with generic universal instructions and you are expected to have the knowledge on where and how to wire this to your vehicle. I am also a fully qualified time served 17th edition JIB approved electrician which enables me to give you good advice with support and help with my product if required.
2. 1 year guarantee and a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee (see my terms and conditions).
3. Reputation and service, I aim to provide the service that I would expect if I was the buyer.
4. UK seller so quick dispatch (next working day).
5. Communication, if you call me for help etc and for some reason I don't answer my phone and you leave a message I WILL ALWAYS RETURN YOUR CALL.
6. Most important of all QUALITY, the LED I sell is high quality LED in copper thread not alloy thread and is applied on a double sided printed circuit board tape not single sided like the cheaper stuff. The footwell lighting kit is also made to my specifications in the same factory as the LED tape so again quality is very good.​

Standard 9 LED kit £17.50

Remote dimmer 9 LED kit £26
complete with various functions like On / Off, auto fading / strobe programs, pre-set brightness levels like 100, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10%
and of course variable dimming to your exact requirements and will remember the last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

Remote Multi-Colour 9 LED kit £32
complete with built in dimmer for a fixed colour LED as well as allowing you to select either red, blue, green, cyan, pink,yellow or white or even use a
auto colour change function. there is a total of 20 different colours, 22 modes, 5 brightness levels or 10 different speed grades
and will remember the
last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

All payments paypal friends & family

UK postage only if you want to buy overseas please see my eBay store RickHondaR items in Ambiglolighting store on eBay!

Civic Type R (FK2)
FK2_zpsa8p9gsda.jpg

Civic Type R (FN2)
FN2_zpsb41ad929.jpg

FN24_zps46eb09c4.jpg

Civic 9G
9GCivic2_zps7f2abd56.jpg

9GCivic3_zpsaf14cc3e.jpg

9GCivic_zpsb212cc2b.jpg

CRZ
CRZ_zps804c3705.jpg

EP3

EP3.jpg

EP3 Video

CR-V
s-l1600.jpg

Jazz 2nd Gen
s-l1600%201.jpg

Just a quick thread to tell people who I am as I am sure most have seen my adverts on ebay, I joined here when I used to own a EP3 and used to advertise here until around 3 years ago. I have had a few Honda since the EP3 which was a CRZ, FN2 and now a Civic Tourer. Well back in 2008 there was a group buy on CTRO for JDM stuff and one of the options was a green footwell kit but this was very expensive at around £90, being an electrician I thought I could do better so sourced some LED and basically spent around 3-4hours locating the power circuit under the dash to make the footwell lights illuminate with the interior light in the middle. Posted picture here and basically got ripped as something new and people thought it looked chavy at the time but soon people were asking me to make them kits.

6 Years later and now a registered ebay business seller my product has evolved a lot from my basic fitting instructions to now a Haynes style step by step fitting guide and if you are good with things like this then with my guide you should fit my kit in under 15 minutes using only a screwdriver and pliers, yes its that easy. Around 18 months ago I looked at improving the quality of the kit so have now stopped making this my self and now have all my kits made in the same factory in China as the LED. I have also moved on to many different cars that all come with the same style fitting instructions but obviously they are written especially for the car they are sold for and these cars are

EP3 / 7G Civic's
FN2 / 8G Civic's
9G Civic's
CRZ
DC5
Fiesta MK6
Fiesta MK7
Fiat 500
BMW Mini MK1
Audi TT MK1
Corsa C
Corsa D

Obviously along the way you get the copy cat sellers who claim you can do this and do that and it comes with instructions but I assure you my instructions are the real deal and not a piece of paper that tells you to remove the CD player and wire your strips to a 12 volts supply. Yes I may be a little more expensive but you buy a complete product that is tried and tested with a proven track record and and a 1 year warranty that is worth something.

Please feel free to check out my ebay store for info on my product but also note it is cheaper here http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ambiglo-Lighting?_rdc=1

Last edited by a moderator:
I received the lights yesterday. Thanks Loxy and RickHondaR.

I am curious as to how many of those scotch locks are in the kit? I only got 1 but in the instructions it says i should have 2.

Can someone confirm before i attempt to fit them.

Thanks

I'll ask Rick. I was under the impression there would be two.

Thanks Loxy

If it is two I can go get one this weekend from maplin or something.

Hi yes it should be two.

Rick is away at the minute, but home next week. He's said if you can get one locally then do, or he can send you one when he gets back the choice is yours.

i dont want to be the "stupid" one to ask but but is it only red or blue, or do you offer other colors ?? many thanks

Hi yes it should be two.

Rick is away at the minute, but home next week. He's said if you can get one locally then do, or he can send you one when he gets back the choice is yours.

Hi Loxy.

Ill get some locally. It's much easier. You also have PM

Once again thanks to you and Rick

Quick update.....

I fitted these the other day and with the instructions it was really easy. I thought it would be a right headache. They look awesome at night. I have had a few people ask me whether they are standard in the EP3.

So once again big thanks to RickHondaR and his easy to follow instructions.

I just want to add that when you buy your kit here though TRO not only are you saving money over my ebay price but some of the money goes directly to TRO so you are also making a donation to the club

Special BH Weekend Footwell Lighting Price Limited Time Offer Many Cars Available
I am going to do a special price on all my footwell kits for this weekend only.

I can supply kits in Red, Blue, Amber and White and I have simple step by step instructions for the following cars

CRV 3rd and 4th Generation
Civic 7th, 8th and 9th Generation
Audi TT MK1 suspect MK2 will be very similar as well as Golfs
Fiesta Mk6 and Mk7
Fiat 500
Corsa C and D
Integra DC5
CRZ
BMW Mini Mk1

for more info on how the kits work on the cars above take a quick look at the correct advert in my eBay store http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ambiglo-Lig...p2047675.l2563

I also have a universal fitting guide but to be honest this just gives advice on where to look for power and some electrical knowledge and common sense will be needed to fit a kit using this guide.

All kits will be £13 delivered to the UK until 17:00 25/08/14 but please note the item will need to be paid for no later than 18:00 on 25/08/14

sorry no overseas orders.

As with all orders on TRO when you buy your kit here not only are you saving money over my ebay price but some of the money goes directly to TRO so you are also making a donation to the club

John if you sell any email me first and I will confirm the price that I need to complete the order as per donation to the club as mentioned above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Special BH Weekend Footwell Lighting Price Limited Time Offer Many Cars Available
I am going to do a special price on all my footwell kits for this weekend only.

I can supply kits in Red, Blue, Amber and White and I have simple step by step instructions for the following cars

CRV 3rd and 4th Generation
Civic 7th, 8th and 9th Generation
Audi TT MK1 suspect MK2 will be very similar as well as Golfs
Fiesta Mk6 and Mk7
Fiat 500
Corsa C and D
Integra DC5
CRZ
BMW Mini Mk1

for more info on how the kits work on the cars above take a quick look at the correct advert in my eBay store http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Ambiglo-Lig...p2047675.l2563

I also have a universal fitting guide but to be honest this just gives advice on where to look for power and some electrical knowledge and common sense will be needed to fit a kit using this guide.

All kits will be £13 delivered to the UK until 17:00 25/08/14 but please note the item will need to be paid for no later than 18:00 on 25/08/14

sorry no overseas orders.

As with all orders on TRO when you buy your kit here not only are you saving money over my ebay price but some of the money goes directly to TRO so you are also making a donation to the club

John if you sell any email me first and I will confirm the price that I need to complete the order as per donation to the club as mentioned above.
Sounds ace, order as per the first post still?

Bank Holiday offer now closed and back to the usual price but please remember as with all orders on TRO when you buy your kit here not only are you saving money over my ebay price but some of the money goes directly to TRO so you are also making a donation to the club.

Back