• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

Love the colour. Is that quite a rare colour for the S2000? Not seen many like it.

Looks like it has been cared for over the years. Nice whip for the summer:)

Oem front discs are better than most uprated discs (apart from dba, science of speed etc)
uprated pads are well worth the money (ds2500 are great or performance friction 08)

It probably will feel fine, but it's probably out. They usually are. ;)

Where can I get this done and how much does it cost? It sounds like it's exactly what I'm after.

Any decent exhaust shop can do it, i had mine done at Infinity Exhausts which is right next to the Bath junction of the M4.

Their address is:

Infinity Exhausts3 Dodington Spring
Dodington Ash
South Gloucestershire
BS37 6RX

I see you're in Gloucester, i live in Swindon so if you fancy having a listen to mine before you make up your mind let me know. It would have to be the weekend though as i leave it at my parents place in the week while i drive a little derv fiesta to work in Bristol :lol:.

Oh, and i think it cost me £160 if i remember rightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. This is the best colour! Someone posted a random pic on here of this colour a few years ago; from then on it has stuck as my favourite colour. Enjoy.

Cheers Sun. Had never seen the colour before the weekend.

Just arranged for the first mod. The previous owner was married and her wedding ring has left some marks on the steering wheel. So I'm getting it refurbished. :)

Great pictures Chris.

I know I have mentioned on OcUK already but the car looks brilliant.

UK Exhaust Mod details are really easy to find on S2Ki.

[video=youtube;WFUF85VfBfk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUF85VfBfk[/video]

That is a 2.2 AP2 in the video though which I am told sound slightly deeper with that mod done, how true that is remains to be seen.

Any decent exhaust place should be able to do it if you can provide them with a picture [like this]
A lot of people seem to recommend using a 38mm pipe for best results.

Its something I plan on doing to mine along with a Decat w/CEL fix. It should open it up lots without adding drone.

What Discs, pads, fluid & lines have you gone for out of interest?

Not sure on brakes, may change my mind. Also I'm a bit worried that the exhaust mod will ruin the car and make it too loud with normal driving. Not like you can just take it off if you don't like it.

Put a valve in it?

I love the seats in these. If I was to go for a full convertible, this would definitely be on the list... Good choice!

That is one sexy car. Still remember the short outing in Si's? Grey S2k out towards Coombe and back. Great noise with that exposed intake.

Yeah I do mate, that was some time ago. I was tempted to take the intake lid off mine but I've kept it on as I can't see it helping performance with it off! :lol:

Not sure on brakes, may change my mind. Also I'm a bit worried that the exhaust mod will ruin the car and make it too loud with normal driving. Not like you can just take it off if you don't like it.

I HATED most aftermarket exhaust sounds and looks for the S2000, so I held out for a mk1 mugen exhaust. When I heard the oem exhaust mod I thought it sounded tinny and rasy #cringe.

On the brakes front, my advice is DS2500 or pfc 08 pads on some fresh oem discs and some good brake fluid for road use, if you're using it on track then many other factors dictate what's best for you.

Yeah I do mate, that was some time ago. I was tempted to take the intake lid off mine but I've kept it on as I can't see it helping performance with it off! :lol:

The best intake for the s2000 for sensible money is the k&n fipk, it gives around 9 bhp and sounds fantastic. Gives it a real metalic induction noise rather than a deep boomy sound (if that makes any sense)

http://youtu.be/vajLtQMbcxk

Thats my old car with k&n if you can hear it

Is the Mugen exhaust a quiet one like the twin loop? Also, is it dual exit?

First mod arrived:

HMh6ymt.jpg

Suits had the Mugen exhaust. He also had a Megan header I think it was. That was only loud on full chat, but still not overly loud.

[video=youtube;C5Omg0LdfC4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature&v=C5Omg0LdfC4[/video]

Back