• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

Someone should tell the passenger that being bald isn't the same as wearing a helmet. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
He's put another video up.

[video=youtube;vj42UcJpuFs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj42UcJpuFs[/video]

I can't even begin to explain how difficult the S2000 is to drive on the limit like he is.

Awesome run, very light traffic and wide awake drivers who got the hell over well in advance for him. The guy knows his car, and that track. Mesmerising to watch.

Even when the car is at it's sketchiest, he's totally in control. There's a couple of points where the back goes squirrelly and the weight redistributes as he's approaching a turn and he just drives through it like it's just another corner. Much confidence, even had time to see if his passenger was enjoying herself. :lol:

Incredible laps!

I don't think I'd have the balls to pax-lap with him. Despite the confidence he has in his abilty and the car, the laps are very quick.

The high-speed undulations which form about 60-70% of the track bring about a natural caution just watching the lap, I don't know if I could endure riding shot-gun.

Testament to these Honda's too - he's gunning it hard.

How is the S2000 for stability with the roof down? I once hit upper 130's in my EP3 and felt like the windows needed to be closed sharpish LOL.

The DC5 held the treatment better but still...

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my speedo in Kph (it's switchable) when I went over the other week, approaching 200 and it got a bit wafty, toward 220 and it was pretty horrific, so I stuck to cruising at around 180-200. That was with the roof down. I didn't try that fast with the roof up because over 170 the wind noise was terrible. :lol: I need to regrease the seals where it meets at the top.

My old and worn front RE050's may have had an impact, I really don't like them. But the S2000 is known for having poor aero so I think I need to look at a front splitter or something like that. Maybe adding the little spoiler on the back without doing anything to the front has upset the balance, Honda only sell them as a pair.

M&M Honda sell a full length undertray which would massively increase your high speed stability if coupled with a front splitter and rear diffuser. :p

How is the S2000 for stability with the roof down? I once hit upper 130's in my EP3 and felt like the windows needed to be closed sharpish LOL.

The DC5 held the treatment better but still...

I suspect having the windows open on an enclosed car has a greater effect on stability than for an open one. I've had my SL up to 160 roof down on the autobahn, it was bloody noisy but still stable.

I need to regrease the seals where it meets at the top.

Einzett Gummipflege, about £7 a bottle. Think it's now under the Sonax brand.

Cheers Drew, but I've already got some of the Honda stuff, just have to actually use it. :)

I do mine as part of the hardtop hokey-cokey (either fitting or removing), otherwise I'd probably keep putting it off like you :lol:

Ah, well I couldn't get the PF01/PF01SS in the spec's that I wanted, so I've found some other wheels which I've ordered. Hoping to have them before JAE, but unfortunately it's nothing like the movies. :lol:

Ah, well I couldn't get the PF01/PF01SS in the spec's that I wanted, so I've found some other wheels which I've ordered. Hoping to have them before JAE, but unfortunately it's nothing like the movies. :lol:

Any clues as to what wheels you went for or is it all a big secret :p?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back