• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

S2KIP's S2000

Final mod before JAE. Promise! Cheers drew for the tip.

efa4f9a8a64633a39dca72cba9a2f311.jpg

Private plate if you hadn't noticed.

Thats brilliant Chris. :cool:
Proper private plate. Nice

Those mats are quality too, much better going all the way over the cross member.

Not saying anything about the clearance on the calipers though :D

How easy is it to do?

I still need to put my plate on the Hybrid.

You have a plate on retention already? Follow the link a few pages back, fill in the online form. Drive to garage and get plates printed...

Surprised this is my first post in the topic, fvck knows I have been stalking this thread long enough..

Paint has come up a treat, wheels = fvck yes. Spoons = should have gone AP ;)

I often cop flack for liking the s2000 so much, over so long.. but I still think I'll end up buying one. Even though they command a premium over here, blue does look smart for sure.

And for the record, don't boost it. While the power/speed etc is fun for a while, it just adds expense and detracts from the fun of NA/screaming. Think I liked my EP3 more when running 230 na than 310 boosted, god the noise of a pro-spec with AEM CAI..

Spoons are more in keeping with the rest of the car. APRs are ten a penny in the UK - hell, they were standard fitment on my Ibiza Cupra.

Spoons are more in keeping with the rest of the car. APRs are ten a penny in the UK - hell, they were standard fitment on my Ibiza Cupra.

I felt the change form standard to spoons was a bit meh, the change from spoons to AP considerably more impressive.

Yeah, but they're blue! :p

Found them much better than OEM on my EP3, not sure on S2000 but bet there is an improvement.

Car looks stunning Chris.

I wanted to keep the OEM size disc and pad fitment hence going for the Spoons. Plus they look fantastic. To be honest they don't offer much more performance than stock. Waste of money for sure, but I've always wanted a set so why the hell not? :D

You posted that pic the other day haha.

JAE going well I take it :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of an update today. I went to TGM to have Spoon gearbox & engine mounts and Eibach front and read adjustable anti roll bars fitted.

In case you haven't seen, I bought the mounts because the J's manifold has been touching the steering column when turning left. I originally solved it by having shims fitted on the engine mounts but it went from being fixed to happening again, albeit only on hard corners. I figured the OEM mounts are coming on to 10 years old now so they may be a bit saggy, so I decided to order some over night parts from Japan, namely the Spoon mounts which took around 4-5 weeks to arrive. After the mounts were fitted, the car had the Geo done and I had a little drive. The issue seems to have gone and the car feels a lot tighter now, especially the gear changes. Top little mod, and the bonus is that there's none of the vibration you get with ETD's or more solid mounts. The Spoon kit is rubber, just a bit harder than OEM.

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

Next up were the anti roll bars. The idea was to have the Ohlins turned down a little to be compliant over bumps (which they already are, to be fair) and use the Eibach to reduce the roll in the bends. There's two settings, soft and hard. I've decided to go for the soft option to see how I get on. The front is 32mm vs 26.5mm for the OEM and the rear is 30mm vs 25.5mm for the OEM (as measured using an electric gauge at TGM). They are red compared to the OEM black so I've got a fair few colours going on underneath the car now!

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

I've spent a lot of money on the car and done a lot of mods, but in terms of handling, today has been the single biggest improvement to the car. I've only driven it 90 miles or so home from TGM, but the difference is huge. I know a lot has to do with the combination of tyres, suspension, sway bars and mounts but I really am impressed with how it is now. There's a little roundabout near me that I always go round at 30. Most I've seen is 35 or so on a dry day, I exited it at just under 40 just now. Can't wait to get on a skid pan and then do some track days, the car feels like a complete weapon now in the bends yet remains possibly more compliant than OEM setups over bumpy roads. Perfect combination for me.

Sounds like a perfect harmony of mods working together.

Time to sit back and enjoy now?

Sounds brilliant man. I am planning on doing the ARBs on mine as well - and am going to leave the shocks and springs relatively soft. Stiff shocks are detrimental to performance on roads anyway! Pleased to hear you're so positive about the ARB upgrade, looking forward to getting the money together for it myself...

Skid pan booked for Saturday, should be fun. Will have to dig out the GoPro. :D

Back