• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Satin EP3 takes a drive in the Hills

JMR

TRO Supporter
Just had a week up in the Scottish borders and took the car for a spin round the hills. :cool:

Thought I'd share a few of the best shots. :)
Snow capped Cheviot Hills in the background.

CTR_cheviot1.jpg

CTR_cheviot2.jpg

CTR_cheviot3.jpg

CTR_cheviot4.jpg

And one I quite liked back in the car park.

CTR_cheviot5.jpg

Thanks for the comments gents. :)

I was hoping to get a few arty night shots but looks like I'll have to try and get some at home.
Watch this space. ;)

I was just working out what sort of economy I got driving around on holiday.
Quite a trek up over the border from down here, but managed 39mpg at a steady 70+mph on the way up there. :)
Was enjoying it till I just got past the Tyne Tunnel and was bombarded with hail and sleet, the roads quickly filled up with slush making steering and braking a little disconcerting to say the least! :eek:
Pulled back on to the A1 and maxed out at 25mph for a few miles - not fun tbh.
After that a good journey again.

I'd visually checked the tyres before leaving home, had a new rear drivers side RE040 fitted 4 days before. The front n/s looked a little low but thought this was because I had parked on a slope.
Arrived at destination 250 miles later and still thought it looked low, so filled up with fuel at Shell and checked pressure.

12psi :rolleyes: didn't feel any different in all honesty when driving on the main roads. Quickly pumped it up to 35psi and checked it over the next few days to make sure it was ok and was holding pressure.

Car had been MOT'd a couple of weeks ago and the dust cap had split but was tightened right down on the valve so put it down to that. New caps from Halfords for £1.99 did the trick.

I've had the car 2 yrs and never had to pump up the tyres before that.
All in all, the car performed really well - looking forward to the next big trip. :D

nice pictures. good to hear the civic performed well. i drove up to scotland (hamilton) only 3 weeks ago and used the ep3 and it took it with superlative ease.

I was just working out what sort of economy I got driving around on holiday.
Quite a trek up over the border from down here, but managed 39mpg at a steady 70+mph on the way up there. :)
Was enjoying it till I just got past the Tyne Tunnel and was bombarded with hail and sleet, the roads quickly filled up with slush making steering and braking a little disconcerting to say the least! :eek:
Pulled back on to the A1 and maxed out at 25mph for a few miles - not fun tbh.
After that a good journey again.

I'd visually checked the tyres before leaving home, had a new rear drivers side RE040 fitted 4 days before. The front n/s looked a little low but thought this was because I had parked on a slope.
Arrived at destination 250 miles later and still thought it looked low, so filled up with fuel at Shell and checked pressure.

12psi :rolleyes: didn't feel any different in all honesty when driving on the main roads. Quickly pumped it up to 35psi and checked it over the next few days to make sure it was ok and was holding pressure.

Car had been MOT'd a couple of weeks ago and the dust cap had split but was tightened right down on the valve so put it down to that. New caps from Halfords for £1.99 did the trick.

I've had the car 2 yrs and never had to pump up the tyres before that.
All in all, the car performed really well - looking forward to the next big trip. :D

I checked my tyres non-visually for the first time really since I bought my car about two weeks back. I found one tyre at sub-10psi, one at 20-odd-psi, one at 32, the recommended pressure, and one up at 38 :lol:

I checked my tyres non-visually for the first time really since I bought my car about two weeks back. I found one tyre at sub-10psi, one at 20-odd-psi, one at 32, the recommended pressure, and one up at 38 :lol:

Recommended is 34 for the standard tyres on the CTR I thought? I bitched at my gf for having a low tyre the other day and I checked mine which looked fine and it was at 9psi lol fortunately I dont travel far

I think its 32 standard driving and 36 loaded up at high speed, as I had the family in the car and suitcases etc I went for 35psi as it was the same as Honda had put in the others.

Nice pictures JMR. What Camera/Lens did you use?

Nikon D80 with a Sigma 18-200mm Optically stabilised lens [hypersonic motor]

Will get some up that I've taken with the Nikon 35mm f1.8 prime lens. They are substantially sharper!

Recommended is 34 for the standard tyres on the CTR I thought? I bitched at my gf for having a low tyre the other day and I checked mine which looked fine and it was at 9psi lol fortunately I dont travel far

I'm the odd one on Type R Owners that doesn't own a Type R :lol: 206 recommends 32.

Good to see you have entered the pic into the competition mate.

My mistake on the psi, I put 34 in as it's inbetween the 32 and 36 :lol:

Back