• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Satin Silver CTR 2007

i think it looks mean in silver! wonder what it'll look like in black?! i think we'll all grow to love it in time, give it chance.lol. though i'm sticking to my current CTR for time being as its a week old! :lol:

It's a complete no brainer for me...........I'm keeping my prem till the next CTR which hopefully will feature the new engine 8)

In that time I shall have a JRSC fitted

2007-honda-civic-type-r-scn-net-007.jpg

Just found this pic of the seats and sill trim, looks pretty tasty, not sure if it's been posted before?

The back seats have the same red trim (could never understand why the EP3 had grey rear seatd), and the carpet is red, and those Type R sill plates are standard on the EDM model. 8) 8)

The h8rs will still slag it off though. :roll:

R20190 said:
this is so depressing... whats going on with honda? I thought they were supposed to take feedback from the honda enthusiasts :?

Did you see the list of people from CTRO who attended the thing with Honda asking for feedback? Nuff said.

I still quite like it 8)

I think it looks best in the Black or Red.
Still a little confussed on how the spec is going to be split i.e. GT pack, AC and Sat Nav etc.

I won't be making any descions until I've driven one.

CTR_Paul said:
R20190 said:
this is so depressing... whats going on with honda? I thought they were supposed to take feedback from the honda enthusiasts :?

Did you see the list of people from CTRO who attended the thing with Honda asking for feedback? Nuff said.

Yes I did, and did you know that most type-r enthusiasts want a raw and powerful car? :wink:

paul.goffin said:
I still quite like it 8)

I think it looks best in the Black or Red.
Still a little confussed on how the spec is going to be split i.e. GT pack, AC and Sat Nav etc.

I won't be making any descions until I've driven one.

Off the other site, how accurate???

Undeztyper said:
Hi guys

We had a new civic type-s delivered to our dealership today to go in the showroom, they go on sale on january the 1st 2007 allthough we are taking deposits, though probably more to your interestes we had our sales guidlines, specsheets and sample brochure for the new type r which we are expecting on the 10th of januaryin the showroom to go on sale on the 1st of march 07, you all probably know the spec etcetc but ill bullet point some bits you may not know and are interesting.... here goes...

Available Colours:
Alabaster silver (metalic)
Milano Red
Nighthawk Black
Deep bronze

There will be a type r and a type r GT

Type r spec
Power: 201ps
Brake callipers with type r logo
Unique type r serial number
Alcantara sports bucket seats
Type r chrome kick plates
Rear Tailgate spoiler
Red i-vtec indicator
Red engine start button
unique type r sports suspension

Type r GT spec
As above with the following extras
Dual zone climate control
Cruise control
Fog lights
Auto headlamps with dusk sensor
Rain sensing wipers
Voice activated Sat nav
Bluetooth

There is an option of 19" gt alloys, and beleive me they are gorgeouse! id take pics out of the brochure if i was allowed.
But you can take my word on it, this is the final spec of the new ctr.

Cheers

James

I've seen the GT Spec before which doesn't really interest me.

But I would want Air-Con, but I have read to have Air-Con it comes with Sat-Nav which will mean extra cost.

All I would really want is standard Air-Con and a set of fog lights.

I think it will look crap with the fog lights missing.

Are you all going to pick holes in every little part of the new CTR? Have any of you actually seen it in the "flesh" yet? I'm sure your DC5s are absolutely perfect in every aspect. They should charge £40k for them, they're that good. :roll:

VTEC'in said:
Are you all going to pick holes in every little part of the new CTR? Have any of you actually seen it in the "flesh" yet? I'm sure your DC5s are absolutely perfect in every aspect. They should charge £40k for them, they're that good. :roll:

The DC5 isn't all that great, its just a very good car in its price bracket and can be compared to any new CTR.

VTEC'in said:
Are you all going to pick holes in every little part of the new CTR?

Yep

Have any of you actually seen it in the "flesh" yet?

Nope

I'm sure your DC5s are absolutely perfect in every aspect.

Most of the negative comments come from current Ep3 owners..

But yes the DC5 is better :lol:

They should charge £40k for them, they're that good. :roll:

£50k at least 8)

LSD, 220BHP standard, HIDs does the NEW CTR have these features? No

The new CTR is not living up to expectations.

I predict people will sell they're EP3s and upgrade to the DC5.

aaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhh

:smt068 :smt067 :smt071 :smt070

Meets should be interesting after March. :lol:

Scousefella said:
Or the new kid on the JDM block. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

True, no point upgrading the DC5 unless you have a pretty stock EP3 IMO. The chassis is the same on them, and it's ok but not great. I'd hope the new JDM Civic would have a superior chassis to both the EP3 and DC5 as they're both 5 years+ old now, old technology really!

For the sort of money one of the new JDM civics will cost (Once imported) an Evo would make a better buy surely?

- 4 doors
- Fast
- Traction (uh oh Honda...)
- Steering Feel (Double uh oh!)
- UK dealers who'll service the car and not get pedantic because it's JDM

I just can't see any reason to buy another Honda Type-R unless it says NSX on the back. :lol:

I would never agree to the running costs of an Evo - it would be cheaper (once bought) to have a DC2 and NSX to maintain. 8)

Scousefella said:
I would never agree to the running costs of an Evo - it would be cheaper (once bought) to have a DC2 and NSX to maintain. 8)

2 services a year and 18mpg = cheaper to maintain than a Toda cammed CTR.

Back