• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

*Satin Type R* New Seats Fitted

Thought i'd post up a few pics of my progress so far.

Will start with a few of my old motors, and how i got to owning a Type R.

First off was a Nova, well 3 to be precise. Absoloutely loved them and great first cars, Learnt so much from them, doing engine changes, gearbox's and generally maintaining them.

Then i moved onto Cavalier Sri's, had 2 of them, first was an 8v then i found a great redtop 16v.

After this came probably my favourite car of all time, a MK3 Astra GSi, i saved for ages for this car,
x1pzSqIT87ad2Noz-Z1q623JOY0yVwBsOpK.jpg

Then i moved onto something a bit quicker and more fun in the corners. My first 106 GTi,
engine23oo.jpg

untitledpug.jpg

Then sold that a got a calibra
Picture038.jpg

then went all family and got a vectra
107-0702_IMG.jpg

Then the astra's were calling me back so got another black MK3 GSi
IMG_0715-1.jpg

after this i saw an advert for a cheap MK3 Astra GSi Turbo so i had to have it, was planning to swap the engine into my black one but decided to modify the red one and ended up with this
IMG_1088.jpg

Then back to the vectra's
IMG_1229.jpg

And back to the 106's again.
Pug008.jpg

And finally onto the Type R's. Travelled miles to pick this one up
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0245.jpg

First i changed the exhaust for something that looked a bit better from a rear point of view, excuse the dirty car

IMG_0391.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

And now i've got these ready to be fitted
IMG_0393.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I do go back and forward with cars as you can probably guess, not the best line up of cars but all have a personal story to tell and they have all got me to the stage i am now.

Last edited by a moderator:
have a look round mate, i got them uber cheap out of a crashed accord. will be doing a thread on fitting them when i get some seat rails as there isn't much info about

have a look round mate, i got them uber cheap out of a crashed accord. will be doing a thread on fitting them when i get some seat rails as there isn't much info about

Tbh I don't really have the cash for them, unless a set for a good price comes along. So I will keep an eye out for some.

If you do, post it in the how to section, be a good read :cool:

Hope no one needs to sit in the back of your car!

Interesting collection though, lots of car hopping!

just manually put them forward, its not a big deal and i don't have many people in the back anyway. Already thought of this and decided it wasnt an issue hence buying them. I did think about fn2 seats but decided i didn't want my car to weigh 2 tonnes, also looked at premier seats but couldnt afford the prices, same with dc5's

Some nice motors youve had mate.
Especially like your first 106gti:cool: always used to want one.
Congrats on seeing the light and buying a honda though!
How longs this one gonna last?? :p

lol, funny you should say that mate. i've had that comment a million times from family and friends etc, This one will be staying for a while as i absolutely love it. Its great fun

lol, funny you should say that mate. i've had that comment a million times from family and friends etc, This one will be staying for a while as i absolutely love it. Its great fun

Well ive owned mine over 4 years now and it still puts a smile on my face everytime i drive it... not gonna sell anytime soon either!! ;)

Thanks for the replies guys, the mk3 astra turbo was absolutely mental, the only car I've owned that just kept pulling and pulling until it ran out of gears and still had more to give

I would have my stock red & black alacantera seats over those any day but if you are pre face lift with dark seats I suppose it's an ok mod.

I would have my stock red & black alacantera seats over those any day but if you are pre face lift with dark seats I suppose it's an ok mod.

No you wouldnt.

These seats blow the OEM standard seats of of the water.

The seats are the same as the Premier ones.

I removed my Premier interior, carpet and door cards for teh black/grey ones.

Looks miles better IMO.

Black & boring. If it's not broke then don't try to fix it. I just like a small splash of colour to break things up. Horses for courses like you say.

Back