• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

*Satin Type R* New Seats Fitted

My old GTi, loved this car..

SV400072.jpg

SV400034.jpg

..and my seats and interior.

Interior9.jpg

Interior14.jpg

Horses for courses like you say.

Thats fair enough.

The thing that swung it for me was when my Mrs parents got in my car and said, 'Oh I like the red, its nice and boy racer-ish'. :eek:

Rip dat shiz straight out :lol: .

mine needed a new gearbox, 2 new driveshafts in first month.

i see you are a member of pgac? i used to be on there, went to a few meets around my way. dont remember seeing any pictures of your car on the site though mate

i see you are a member of pgac? i used to be on there, went to a few meets around my way. dont remember seeing any pictures of your car on the site though mate

Yeah man, I was paying member.

My username was; Suits :rolleyes:

Never went to any meets, it was my first adventure into performance tunning, so I used to use the forum as a knowledge area more than a chat place.

I had a build up thread and bits about my CTR when I first bought it, but stopped visiting as traffic on the PGAC slowed right down.

Thats fair enough.

The thing that swung it for me was when my Mrs parents got in my car and said, 'Oh I like the red, its nice and boy racer-ish'. :eek:

Rip dat shiz straight out :lol: .

That actually made me laugh out loud!
Think if a comment like that was made to me directly I'd have reacted the same way haha

i must admit i did enjoy my time on pgac, But like you said it did slow up really quickly, still good friends with an ex regional co-ordinator.

**UPDATE**

After the crappy weather we'd been having my car had suffered a few marks on the body work, felt like someone had sprayed it with sand.

So thought i'd give the clay a go, I've read so much about it and i must say the thought of it made me scared, but i took the plunge and spent 4 hours today sorting it out.

I haven't done any before and after shots as to be honest i forgot

First i washed the wheels
Then washed the car
Then clayed
Then washed again
Then dried
and finally waxed

And oh my god, the results are outstanding, The paint looks new, feels like glass and all in all looks top dollar and now makes me not want to sell her.

Here's a few pics

IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0428.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

that looks an awesome job mate. wanting to get my satin with a reflection like that. ive got a day off tomorow so hopefully mine will look like that lol

cheers lads.

Enzo i would really recommend the meguires clay kit, Such an amazing improvement, the amount of dirt that came off that car after apparently being 'washed' was incredible.

Just left the car wet mate and used the quick detailer to lube it up then run the clay across the bodywork horizontally in small sections at a time re working the clay when it gets too dirty. It's easy when u get goin, just a bit nerve racking when u start

Back