• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ScabbyTramp' 02 Civic Type R (EP3)

Hey, So I bought a car about a month ago, £3995 1 owner, low miles, standard civic ep3 02
I came from an ep2 black aswell. as you can see from the picture below.
(the day I got it)

uq85.jpg

being a guy, I like tinkering, so what better way to spend all my money and time, on ! ( and the girlfriends )

so after purchasing it, I started with my styling,
I wanted a yellow/black theme (so to say)
and I decided I also wanted the Facelift look, being 02 plate - preface
so I started with my center console along with my dials L.e.D bulbs

I wont bore you with the pictures on how too's and how did's. ill just post after picture.
(girlfriend treated me too a Avh-x8500bt

fdpw.jpg

I then decided to put the plastic surround back on, which im still awaiting to do.

I then done some dial surrounds

n7rc.jpg

then I decided I didn't like my seats front . it looked weird black/red black/yellow so with the girlfriend stitching , and a few days (5)
later, this was the outcome.

1p6p.jpg

which also goes well with my now yellow doors.

9lzl.jpg

this one turned out better then the other one, as I used different size wadding.

while door card was off, and seat was out, I decided to do seatbelt.

8td7.jpg

i put on a new steering wheel, (not eveyones cup of tea,) but it actually a really nice wheel,

obtd.jpg

that was it for the interior at the moment

i didn't like ep3 pre- headlights so changed them too .
(but no pictures yet)

i replaced the back boot badge, (changed colour aswell) 8/10 rating.

w8q9.jpg

i bought a de-cat pipe ... it was fun at the start, but then it became annoying, foot was down more, so was wasting a lot of fuel.
though the sound was nice, i felt more of a restriction then i did the cat being on.
so 6/10 rating, 8/10 being the cat!

kzmh.jpg

ive also started trying to "tidy & sort my engine bay out"
and thinking about dumping my battery in my boot cause i have plans for a cold air feed all around!

my next step is to get my facelift rear lights in,
tinted wind deflectors,
calipers sorted, with all new discs all around
new cold air intake system
4-2-1 manifold
lightened flywheel
racing clutch. ( same time as flywheel)
k100

lowered
custom center console (my next project) for some aftermarket gauges
going to try do something with my dials
new wheels
strut bars

Facelift headlights
(after fitting I was unsure what was better, old or new)
I stuck with new. as I just paid £70 for them!

xh44.jpg

jw2t.jpg

also cracked on with removing fog lights, as they were cracked, and I didn't want another set.
so meshed them up, which will be used for my direct cold air feeds !
which I actually like the look off.
p.s the cars a bit dirty, its the country afterall! ;)

snk7.jpg

nice mate i love the yellow stitching on the seats and the yellow belts , very nice work .

The de-cat will gain more at higher rpms, especially vtec. if you're doing mot of your driving around town, twisty b-roads or generally anywhere where you can't realy open it up for long (IE not a motorway, on track or just driving at full throttle like a muppet), it often is better to leave it in and sacrifice a few bhp. Before I brought my EP, I test drove another with a de-cat, it was certainly more sluggish until 4k rpm, but once in vtec it did pull much harder, but there's not much point chasing a few hp so far up the rev range, that you're not going to use them 99% of the time.

Loving the seats and the interior though. Subtle, little things can make a big difference.

The de-cat will gain more at higher rpms, especially vtec. if you're doing mot of your driving around town, twisty b-roads or generally anywhere where you can't realy open it up for long (IE not a motorway, on track or just driving at full throttle like a muppet), it often is better to leave it in and sacrifice a few bhp. Before I brought my EP, I test drove another with a de-cat, it was certainly more sluggish until 4k rpm, but once in vtec it did pull much harder, but there's not much point chasing a few hp so far up the rev range, that you're not going to use them 99% of the time.

Loving the seats and the interior though. Subtle, little things can make a big difference.

thanks, yeh it was ok in vtec, and coming down from gears crispy. but it caused more issues, as there was a spacer fix, it pushed the o2 sensor out to far it was rubbing, so driving made the o2 sensors wires rub and strip some bare wires. which created my eml light to trigger. ive changed it back recently. and I don't know or cant believe I wanted to change it in the first place. - maybe a sports cat in the future! who knows!

Forgot To Mention I got the rear windows tinted from ptws in Plymouth £125, with lifetime warranty
you can tell difference between tinted as standard and having it tinted . as ones that come from factory tinted. prem ect
they tint the whole window. but as you can see from my picture. its not.
come to think off it. should mine be like that :/ ive only just realised....

81h4.jpg

can someone comfirm this if they bought tinted windows ? ?

7yh9.jpg

and just a quick update, on how the seat/doors /belt look all together
20130915_172512_zpsf8bcef5d.jpg

pitty theres still drivers side to do!

Did you need any other parts other than the headlights?

you have to make your own connectors. but luckily for you. I have got cut wires you can have for free if you pay postage for it! haha
they cost me £25 , as its part of the egine bay loom, but they came after I already had them fit. its the connectors for the facelift headlights, you would just have to wire them up.=) just drop me a pm when and if you want

If you have 2 spare indicator connectors going let me know :p

im in a total mess with mine at the moment lol, got relays and wires all over the place :( did you fit a hid kit at the same time? That's further confusing me, not to mention one of my lamps turns out to be a d2s oem xenon unit!

love what you've done with the yellow mate! Really original.

If you have 2 spare indicator connectors going let me know :p

im in a total mess with mine at the moment lol, got relays and wires all over the place :( did you fit a hid kit at the same time? That's further confusing me, not to mention one of my lamps turns out to be a d2s oem xenon unit!

love what you've done with the yellow mate! Really original.

give me a picture of the connector please and ill let you know, as mine are speicaly made cause like I said before I bought them . then it took 5 days to arrive, in meantime I just made own.
and yes you will have to prob buy 2 hid kits. 1 for each bulb , on each side,

with sidelights just get xenon ultra white, HID look.

the wires are quite simple to work out, I used a relay, then hard wired Highbeams Through firewall & up into dash & hard wired to full beam switch.
the pre-face has a simple circuit . ( 1 x h4 wire ) 3 pins, 1 is power , 2 is negative ( 1 being low beam neg, 1 being high ) so when you switch between, it flicks between high/low negative.

im sure the indicator ones, are similar to the indicators ones, but the pin holes are a tad closer together, but you will have to let me know about that. but im sure I do have them you can have :) but you have to pay postage =)

Here's e indicator connector mate, pretty sure it's exactly the same as the sidelight one!

null_zps45a07c19.jpg

Theyre my final stumbling block now, got all the beams etc wired up ready, it's just a case of wiring up the indys, I did consider soldering straight to the pins but its a bit tight wit the tiny pins lol thanks for the help :)

covering postage/your time is no problem mate

yeh there not same, they look the same but slightly apart a bit. I can send you them if you like, you can also wire in black clips.

if you look at this picture, the one on the far right, the tinest one. fit on the connectors. ( this is how I fit mine )
you wire the 2 wires, into them & then slot them on convering them ,

3143t.jpg

so I got a week off in a few days, my other seat is coming out, to be stiched, & the seatbelt is being changed to yellow.
and going to see if I can colour the engine a bit and see how it goes. I think performance mods after xmas , and just looks atm

20130915_172512_zpsf8bcef5d.jpg

and as she stands today!

20130925_112559_zps6f43bb3d.jpg

Back