• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scooby Calipers

Remove this idea from your head danga. i would rather let the pope rape me that go through the process of fitting brake callipers from one make of vehicle to another, again.

Do not want!

I imagine it would be quite easy on a Subaru. :lol:

:lol:

Remove this idea from your head danga. i would rather let the pope rape me that go through the process of fitting brake callipers from one make of vehicle to another, again.

Do not want!

I work next door to a metal fabricators so could get some caliper brackets made up pretty easy and can get hold of a brake kit very cheap. Was just a passing idea that was all lol.

if you can get brackets made and a brake kit then it would be a doddle, same as changing any other calliper.

I was thinking more along the lines of, yeah I can get them to make a bracket but how do I go about getting the shape and size of said bracket and then how could I fit the disks to my civic hubx etc lol.
Oh yeah, I meant I can get hold of the whole brake set up off the Scooby lol.

I'm not trying to sound big headed but being a engineer/fabricator i have co designed and built axles for competition landrovers with oversized knuckles, shafts, diffs, hubs, discs and Calipers. It's not easy unless you have a pattern or drawing to go by and it has to be correct to be safe.There are so many variables to take into consideration with spacing, strength, and complicated maths. Unless it was already on the market and tested i wouldn't.

Agree with griffin, the design needs to be stress tested, brakes aren't something you want failing on you.

:lol: I thought at first you were offering your services. Hmmm ok then, it was only because I saw those Brembos in the For Sale section. And I thought I wouldn't mind more powerful brakes (eventhough a decent pad set up would be sufficient). But then after adding the disks, then the pads, then the spacers I'm into £600 territory. With that much I could consider a brake upgrade altogether like K Sports.
6 Pot 286mm Kit with Ksport Street pads £659.58
6 Pot 304mm Kit with Ksport Street pads £659.58

So was a bit too much for me really.

Back