• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Nice do they not come with Mugen exhaust, suspension and intake as standard? Some nice upgrades there. I much prefer the Mugen FN2 over standard FN2 type-R

The M20 did but not the M200. So added a few bits, but not the whole lot. Plus Mugen tweaked the engine with parts you can't buy, so it'd never be able to match it.

I'm happy that I paid £10K less than a M20 tbh!

Are you doing it yourself? It's pretty straightforward to fit.

I translated the instructions. No had a friend installing it. It is just out on the middle section with lining up to the bolts on the OEM cat. So I am now wondering if I have to wait now to get the Mugen Manifold and sports cat installed then get the cat back system on. If so TDI North job with a Kpro/remap.

Did anyone else have any issue lining up the mid section to the OEM cat bolts on an EP3?

Last edited by a moderator:
How long till you get the manifold and sports cat? I'd be inclined to get TDI to do the whole lot in one go.

Yeah that is what I am thinking now too Welshy. I have to make up the manifold anyway. As I can now understand the instructions lol. But I may just leave it in the packaging and let TDi North sort it with the map and KPro.

I translated the instructions. No had a friend installing it. It is just out on the middle section with lining up to the bolts on the OEM cat. So I am now wondering if I have to wait now to get the Mugen Manifold and sports cat installed then get the cat back system on. If so TDI North job with a Kpro/remap.

Did anyone else have any issue lining up the mid section to the OEM cat bolts on an EP3?

On some jap catbacks you have to elongate the holes on the cat for it to line up mate. I am sure the garage that fitted my Fujitsubo Legalis R had to do that for it to line up.

Yeah they work fast. Didn't realise the front bumper had to come off for the Mugen intake, so when I popped my head around 30 mins into them having my car I was in for a shock as it was already in bits!

Yeah. :) Looks like I have a little dent in the mid section sliencer. and I mean a little dent. Guess my friend wasn't careful lol It can be pulled back out. But it is on the part where you won't see due to that part being up against the floor of the car . lol Oh I even get a Mugen Powered badge for the back of the car. Nice touch.

Stu, some pics for you.......

Me getting packed up.

On the EP3 during the summer.

I got these rubber feet from Climair UK. Helps protect the sill rubber at the corners near the mirror.

Just a quick update. Spoken TDi North. Answered my questions and gave great advice. :) Looks like be getting the JDM ARB and new drop links for the front to get the manifold fitted. Great price too. :D

Just a little bit jealous of how fast you're moving....I think I need a new job haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol To be honest I am going to split my TDi North visits into two. Split my costs over a couple of months.

Get the ARBs done and drop links. Then the remap and KPro with Mugen manifold done at a later date. The JDM wind deflectors are nice but pain to fit. Part of me wishes I'd stuck with the a Climairs lol.

In regards to the job just contracting at the mo.

Back