• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seat bushes

I have an Ep2 and have had this problem before and Honda changed them for me under warnety but it has now ran out. GRRRRRR!!!!!!

I need to replace the seat bushes on my driver seat again :mad: and I was wondering how you do this.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

mr_sport

This used to be a mod on the MK4 Golf to use Leon bushes on the rear beam...

getmecoat.gif

What do you mean by "seat bushes"?

When I brake and accelorate my seat moves backwards anf forwards. Or even if I just sit in the seat and move bak and forward it moves. I took the car to Honda about it when I first got the car and I was told that it was the seat bushes that had gone.

I have cheaked the bolts that hld the seats in place to see if they where loose and they are fine. So i am assuming that it is the bushes again.

Any ideas. Sorry about the rubbish information before. Hope this is better.

Thanks again

mr_sport

I know what you mean...

Had the same problem on my EP2, Honda quoted £120 which is essentially to tighten the seat brackets on either side as I found out.

Its not the bolts holding the frame to the floor, its the bolts holding the frame to the seat, you need to take out the centre console part where the handbrake is on the other side where the bolt is, there is also 1 on the other side below the cover where the height adjuster is, all you then need to do is tighten these bolts with a racket and star shaped head which will be loose.:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for getting back to Guy. So i need to take out the center consol around the hand brake and the torx bolt is there just to get tightend.

Thanks again mate..You just saved me £120...So i owe you a pint

mr_sport

Thanks for getting back to Guy. So i need to take out the center consol around the hand brake and the torx bolt is there just to get tightend.

Thanks again mate..You just saved me £120...So i owe you a pint

mr_sport

There are 3 bolts each side of the seat, two are for the seat height adjuster, there is not much room to get at the bolts but I would tighten them all. The centre console does need to come out but this is easy with two screws each side and then just lifts up.

If your really stuck I can take a photo to help you fella...and I'll take you up on that pint as well!!

Any other issues PM me.

Still not managed to do this but had a brain storm in the middle of the night. Here goes.

Would I not be better just taking the seat out and sorting it then or do i need to do it in place..

Thanks

mr _sport

taking the seat out will be easier for sure. it's just a couple of connectors underneath the drivers seat then four bolts.

You don't need to take the seat out, if you wind the height adjuster up you can get at the nuts with a rachet, its only the handbrake console that needs removing really.

You don't need to take the seat out, if you wind the height adjuster up you can get at the nuts with a rachet, its only the handbrake console that needs removing really.

Or the ease of looking at the seat in the comfort of your garage/front room, and not having to contort yoursef over the passenger seat. Either way, it doesn't sound like a hard job, get it sorted!! :lol:

Honda quoted my wife for a new seat base for this issue on her EV1... Wish I'd had a look now, could have saved 18 months of rocking driver's seat... :eek: :rolleyes:

Right got the seats out last weekend and tightend all the bolts up. And it did not make any difference to the rocking movement. It is now doing my t*ts in and still looking for ideas on how to fix it.

Thanks

mr_sport

Suprised you needed to take the seat out as its not really required, it is an observation exercise by winding up the seat height adjuster so you can then see which nut/bolt has movement when rocking the seat, there are at least two nuts/bolts on each side of the seat that need tightening, one is connected to the height adjuster. I have a feeling you have either over tigtened the nut causing the movement still or you need to replace the bolts and nuts.

Back