• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seat cleaner needed! :O

I've let things slip a bit looking after my CTR, coming up to 5 years of ownership. I've sat in the seat in overalls with no seat cover & got some oily rings there. I need something tough but not to loose the red colour. I can't wait to clean it all up back to normal. What would be a great product/method to clean out?

Type R Seats are pretty w@nky with normal cleaners, I would pay £30 and get it wet vac'd. (I assume it's non prem/30ae?)

For another £30 you can buy a wet vac & try as many times as you like ;)
It'll be worth trying to get some of it out with a diluted APC mix & then proper shampoo & wet vac treatment.

joe/spacemonkey.

i have heavily soiled cloth seats, look like water stains rather than dirt. the seats are a light grey cloth colour so the bad patches stand out a mile. what do you recommend for cleaning? you reckon a wet vac job is in order? i'll get some pics in due course. in the past when i've used various seat cleaners or autoglym interior shampoo i've made a hash of it or had weak results so i'm erring on the side of wet vac.

so i bought a vax wet vac 6131t from robert dyas for £85. well cheap. i used the small upholstery attachment it came with and spent a day cleaning the seats with a combination of autoglym and light scrubbing then leaving it for a couple of minutes and attacking the whole seat with the wet dry vac (generic carpet cleaner solution mixed 100:1 in the water resevoir). wish i took a before picture the seats look like brand new after.

Back