• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seclas Track car -> Time attack car build

After doing some trackdays for a while I have decided to step it up a gear and enter the uk time attack ! This means a total strip down and rebuild from the ground up so realistically im looking at the 2016 season !

This wont be a quick build so i appologise in advance about my less that speedy pace !

current spec before stripdown
HSD Coilovers
16x7 Rota slips with 225 r888s
rear camber adjusters
sparco sprint bucket seats + harnesses
Semi stripped interior

this was ok for trackdays but i want to step it up a notch to be in some way competitive in TA

So the planned mods start from the ground upwards concentrating on suspension to start

Poly bushs
area motorsport yellowspeed track coilovers (Camber And Caster adjustment)
Extended Balljoints
Multipot Brakes up front and abs delete
DC5 steering rack
Progress rear and rollbar and JDM front anti roll bar

I`l also be changing the wheels back up to 17s to accomodate the bigger brakes.
I`l get a few pictures uploaded in the next few days and start logging progress !

The car is currently completely stripped down in a single garage so not the easiest to get good photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great, good luck...

Just out of interest, who is doing your insurance for this?
I have a superb contact if you are in need of any ;)

Track insurance has always seemed a tad pricey to me, i tend to just run the risk

It will be trailered to the track and kept of the road in a secure lockup. It won't be insured for road use

Nope, I know a few who are competing, it's at your own risk just the same as a trackday

I should imagine there's also a lot of grey areas and loop holes in any kind of track insurance making it almost pointless and difficult to claim if needed anyway

I would imagine it's a mine field, competitive Motorsport where cars are being pushed to the limits, drivers with little experience etc.
I know trackday insurance is pricey I would assume competitive motor sports would be more so !

It's something I'd have to do more research on though

My wife is in Motorsport insurance...
It's not as bad as you might think.

Anyhow, give us a shout in future if you decide you might want it.

And good luck again

All the front suspension/subframe is all now off ! Going to get it all blasted clean as it's a bit crusty

Front arms debushed and new energy poly bushes purchased

Also sourced a dc5 rack and progress rear anti roll bar

It's all looking fairly bare and in uninteresting at the moment ! ** take a few snaps but there will be loads more when I actually start putting it all back together

righto

I bought the car bone stock around 2 years or so ago

gradually added some parts while using it as a road car still untill i had to buy something a bit more family friendly after that it saw very little use bar track days

So the tear down biggins
engine removed

front suspension debushed ready for installation of the energy bushes

Seats and harnesses installed

The abs unit has been removed as i will be rerouting the brake lines through the car to a adjustable prop valve so i can adjust front to rear bias while in the car

mmm adjustable bias....dribble.........

Thats not enough, we want more pics..... lol

How come you choose energy suspension bushes over super pro? I only ask as i've just done mine after loads of research.

I thought id give them a bash as there cheaper and I don't need the caster increase as the coilovers I'm getting will have that adjustment

Don't panic there will be loads more pictures as things progress !

I thought id give them a bash as there cheaper and I don't need the caster increase as the coilovers I'm getting will have that adjustment

Don't panic there will be loads more pictures as things progress !

Thats fair enough. I have there tie rod bushes and engine mount inserts. Seem to be doing there job :)

Dc5 steering rack arrived
I will be looping the power steering removing pas altogether and installing a rack raiser when it Gos in !

Maybe a job for this weekend

Little heads up for anyone wanting to fit a dc5 rack ! You will also need the dc5 mounting brackets, the bolt spacing is different

Rack cost me 90 delivered brackets were 30.

If you wanted to put the hydro pump in they seem to go for 100+
I'd say if you wanted the full setup used parts would come to about 300

It's a pretty easy swap though

Back