• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seibon mugen carbon spoiler fitting help

Hello, ive just got mine and it comes with no instructions to remove OEM wing and fit the seibon one, anybody help with tips/instructions/pictures please.

Also having looked at it, i have no clue how you adjust the plane.

Thanks.

Right! ive got the OEM off, put on the seibon one, the 4 centre bolts fit on fine, but the ones on the far right/ left dont line up properly, only one of them will fit and the otherside will be screwless, i know these spoilers dont fit 100% but i know some of you have modified/done something to fix this.

can you enlighten me please

Ive just fitted my spoiler and the fitment is really bad, it sits nicely and good on the drivers side but on the passenger side it way off the mark, the 6 bolts that you can attach the wing to, i can only fit 5 as the far passenger side one doesnt even line up anywhere near the bolt hole, its actually above it angles at about 1 o'clock

It seems as if the passenger side of the wing has been made to curve with the roofline way too early and looks like the wing is short of material/carbon as its so exposed.

I know fitment wont be 100% but its that bad.

anybody have a cure? as i know loads of you guys have had or do have them

here are some pictures to show you what i mean

Attachments

• IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    383.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1009.JPG
    IMG_1009.JPG
    409.8 KB · Views: 122
When I/Dotty fitted mine, we just used the 4 fixings.

As you said, it wasn't a great fit on the sides, remember not to overtighten them either or you could split the fixings, then you are up sh*t street.

Also, be careful when shutting your boot as it will rattle and sound nasty, some padded foam and vigilance will be your friends.

7k634r

wg0wue

mretgl

0gcxy5

gobo60

n8fxvg

03nz1b

6uitim

4q2rpe

ezxk8n

4r41oc

nkm01o

The last two images show the difference between the left and right, the right follows the contour of the bodywork better while the left seems to curve slightly earlier creating an odd fitting.

Last edited by a moderator:
...I dunno what you mean but im guessing your talking about the black rim on the side, thats the foam seal

Genuine Mugen FTW.

None of these fit perfectly because they are designed for the US EP3 hence two of the holes are redundant - you'll note that the OEM has 8 instead of 6 holes that the Seibon has - its because US EP's didnt get the 'Type-R' OEM wing - they had some dmall 6 bolt thing. As a result the hatch is slightly differently shaped.

Like these don't fit our cars, the genuine Mugen needs to be modified for it to fit US EP's. The tailgates differ slightly hence the alignment issues. Seibon are US afterall.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did yours fit as bad as that Sun ???

Mine wasn't perfect, but it fitted a lot better than that.

Back