• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Seized rear caliper, replacing & pagid discs?

As above. Noticed that I may have had a sticky rear caliper some time ago but thought nothing of it. Car was making a funny noise Friday and realised the pad on the passenger side was worn right down, but there is loads of meat left on the rear drivers one still which leads me to believe its been sticking for some time. I read a few others have had similar issues. What I am asking in a very long round about way is, what part of the actual caliper does one replace, and where is the best place to source said part? They are two bits right? Carrier and then the main body?

Also going to buy some pagid discs with the anti rust coating as they need replacing. Is eightspeed the cheapest for these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had mine in bits yesterday for this as the nearside rear wheel was red hot and caked in dust. On mine the piston wound back ok so no reason to think anything was wrong with that but the slide pins were really stiff so just took them out cleaned them up and re greased. Changed discs and pads anyway although they were probably ok just the nearside pads were more worn. After taking it for a run all seems ok now.

If you buy a replacement caliper, make sure you get the right one - they came with either Nisin or Lucas calipers IIRC and I don't think there was any pattern with regards to the year.

Ok thanks. It's an '05 ep3 think they have nisin fitted but will check. What bit do I need exactly?

Also does anyone know the bet place to get the pagid discs?

If its the sliders you only really need a suitable grease, I used lithium grease, red rubber grease is good also as far as I know

As above. Noticed that I may have had a sticky rear caliper some time ago but thought nothing of it. Car was making a funny noise Friday and realised the pad on the passenger side was worn right down, but there is loads of meat left on the rear drivers one still which leads me to believe its been sticking for some time. I read a few others have had similar issues. What I am asking in a very long round about way is, what part of the actual caliper does one replace, and where is the best place to source said part? They are two bits right? Carrier and then the main body?

Also going to buy some pagid discs with the anti rust coating as they need replacing. Is eightspeed the cheapest for these?

i think euro car parts or carparts4less (same company) are about cheapest for pagid discs and pads.

Thanks guys.

I bought the pagid discs from euro car parts in the end. Just rears. Funnily their fronts don't have the anti rust coating it so their online chat rep told me, but the rears do. Doesn't mark sense.

Back