• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Servicing anomaly....

Neily03

Professional Hippy
Got a voicemail today from the Honda dealers saying my car should now be due a service at 21k miles (which its on now) as it was last serviced on 5/12/08 at 8600miles...... straight away I know that wasn't right and checking my service book confirms that the date is correct but it had done 12666miles.... :?

I'll give them a ring in the morning to query it but I can't see anyway of knowing which is correct, their computer or the service book.... :freak:

i would go for the book being right and the computer being wrong.advisors sometimes struggle to read the techs writing...or just cant type!:lol:...and did you get a service check sheet as well last time mate?what does it say?

I've had a bit to drink Neily.. and my new word of the year is 'swaffy'. :D

But of your car has done 12,500 miles in the year then I'd say it time to change the oil and filter. ;)

i would go for the book being right and the computer being wrong.advisors sometimes struggle to read the techs writing...or just cant type!:lol:...and did you get a service check sheet as well last time mate?what does it say?

It was the previous owner who had that service done and there's no printout for it, just whats in the book......

I've had a bit to drink Neily.. and my new word of the year is 'swaffy'. :D

But of your car has done 12,500 miles in the year then I'd say it time to change the oil and filter. ;)

I've been thinking about it over night and they must be wrong as if it had only done 8600 miles when it was first service at 9 months old why would it need one now...... :freak: :lol:

Will ring them when they open and let them know.

Just spoke to the service desk guy and he said straight away it must be their computer that's wrong and he'll correct it.

Back