• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Q&A!!

Sorry to ask again but how much and what oil have people provided for the second service? I currently use Castrol

I bought some SILKOLENE Pro S 5/40 Fully Synthetic from Oilman at JAE for £29.99.

John Pease in Braintree said they would charge £35+vat but didn't say what oil it would be. Each dealer seems to be different :?

Paul,

I use John Banks Honda for all my servicing. I haven't had any problems yet. I supply my own oil and HAMP Oil filter and they are fine with that. The receptionist is fit (bonus) and there coffee is top notch.

I've never needed any warrenty work doing so can't comment on that.

zeffania said:
Sorry to ask again but how much and what oil have people provided for the second service? I currently use Castrol
4.7 litres required for an oil change. The daddy of oils for the CTR is Silkolene Pro-S 5W-40. PM Oilman for a great deal.
My Type R is going in for its 2nd service soon. I phoned 8 dealers, best price £230 all inclusive, minus the cost of oil. I would recommend supplying a good quality oil (like Pro-S) when your CTR is serviced. Some dealers use cheap, ropey oil which does not do the car justice :evil:

Saied said:
zeffania said:
4.7 litres required for an oil change. The daddy of oils for the CTR is Silkolene Pro-S 5W-40. PM Oilman for a great deal.
My Type R is going in for its 2nd service soon. I phoned 8 dealers, best price £230 all inclusive, minus the cost of oil. I would recommend supplying a good quality oil (like Pro-S) when your CTR is serviced. Some dealers use cheap, ropey oil which does not do the car justice :evil:

Cheers fella, any idea how much 5 litres would be delivered?

zeffania said:
Saied said:
zeffania said:

Oilman's website quotes £44.99 Delivered.
www.opieoils.co.uk/performance_lubricants/silkolene.aspx

I'm not sure if they offer forum discount. Try sending him a PM.

paul.goffin said:
zeffania said:
Saied said:
zeffania said:

Oilman's website quotes £44.99 Delivered.
www.opieoils.co.uk/performance_lubricants/silkolene.aspx

I'm not sure if they offer forum discount. Try sending him a PM.
Yes he/they do - you need to register through the members section, (quoting this forum), and with the members discount, the price drops to £39.99

Unless I have missed something, how much is your typical extended warranty? Anyone done this? Cheers.

I do it all the time Bigred.

from 3 months to 48 months = 45 prices, add Assist and a further 45 prices, and if your car is still under manufacturers warranty you also have an option of a wear and tear policy, and another 45 prices, = 180 prices variations, would you like a quote? pm me.

(Yes it is 180 because you can have Wear and Tear with or without Assist)

As it stands i am seriously considering putting the AEM in my vehicle following the thread in the induction section........

however

if i do decide to go for that how does it effect my warranty? Does it invalid the warranty for the engine or what?

This question has always been the stumbling block from me doing things to my cars before.

Any help is great. Thank You

Graham

The thing is this Graham.

If you modify the car in any way outside Honda reccomendation and something goes wrong with a part that is attached to or works with the modified part then the administrators could say the policy is void.

The arguement is that if you fit a replacement part that is not Honda approved, and the Honda approved part is not covered in the guarantee as it is a wear and tear or service item, should anything go wrong that causes a problem whereby the affected part is covered by the guarantee, who pays?

Service Managers could take a view that as long as the part is not covered by the scope of the guarantee then in some cases it would be OK to fit, depending on what part it is, and the guarantee would still be valid.

However, the terms and conditions specifically state that modifications are not allowed, therefore if you fit an induction kit and it blows up your engine, an engineer will inspect from the guarantee company, spot a non standard kit and report it back to the claims people who will then probably void the guarantee, not just that claim.

So, if you want to take up a guarantee check with the people you are purchasing it from what they would reccomend, or pm me with the details and I will make a general enquiry for you.

Scousefella said:
If you live in or around the Essex area then John Pease Honda in Braintree will give discount to "Established" forum members. 8)

I might pop upto them in April when mines due...what do you need to do to be classified as "Established"?

- Kevin.

If you live in or around the Essex area then John Pease Honda in Braintree will give discount to "Established" forum members. [Cool]

So do I and you don't need to visit me.

Got a quote from Springfield Sunderland for a 2nd service today - £150 if I supply the oil :twisted:

Neily03 said:
Anyone know what sort of cost i'm looking for for my third (37k) service.... and how mich can i save supplying my own oil??

Lookers Honda Warrington, 37.5k service is £180 inc oil (shell helix ultra).

dotty said:
Got a quote from Springfield Sunderland for a 2nd service today - £150 if I supply the oil :twisted:

I was charged £165 without an air filter change and replacing all wipers. Free courtesy car and valet. Springfield Sunderland are v good.

Prefacelifts have shorter service mileage intervals... Does this apply anymore or is there a difference still?

Plus my 60k service is due, hoping it's not too pricey!

Back