• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Servicing/Hondacare Extended Guarantee/Warranty. Q&A!!

I rang up my 3 local dealerships asking for 60k service.
These are
Ewell Honda
FW Mays (Redhill) Honda
Leatherhead honda
Now i first rang Ewell, and after the phone ringing for 30seconds the guy put me through to servicing, not very politely. The phone rang for 3 mins 40 seconds before i hung up. That is awful! They won't be getting my custom with service like that.

Then i rang up Redhill Honda and spoke to James on service dept.
He quoted me £211 for my 60k service which includes courtesy car or collection/delivery. £10 extra if you want the garage insurance.
Then with self-supply of oil is Just nigh of £170.

Leatherhead Honda were also quite good but i didnt get the feeling that they were too bothered, and they quoted me for an intermediate service at £145 minus coolant change compared to the last quote.

Redhill's James was very helpful and is considering offering a discount, he mentioned that revolutions already get a % off due to their subscriptions, but so far so good.

slamduncan said:
Prefacelifts have shorter service mileage intervals... Does this apply anymore or is there a difference still?

Plus my 60k service is due, hoping it's not too pricey!

The shorter service intervals on pre-03 cars no longers applys, all CTR's are now 12500miles or 12 months. :wink:

Due to living on an island where my average drive is about 20mins :roll: , is it worth getting the CTR serviced every 6 months instead of a year?

I've had the car for 6months from new and have 1300k on the clock.

i havent had a service yet, i bought it 4months ago. Just wondering how much is the service and is it worth taking to the honda dealers to do it?

first one should be less than £100, shop around but ADH are usually pretty good

Hey all had a look through the tread and couldn't see an answer so apologies if this has been asked before. My car is coming up to 50k so I know it is due a full service with plugs etc but I am a bit confused as to whether my engine is belt or chain driven and if I need this to be serviced any time soon. I know there is a belt on the left of the engine which runs my air but not sure what else. :confused:

Sorry for the very noobish question i'm not normally this clueless.

Thanks all

Hey all had a look through the tread and couldn't see an answer so apologies if this has been asked before. My car is coming up to 50k so I know it is due a full service with plugs etc but I am a bit confused as to whether my engine is belt or chain driven and if I need this to be serviced any time soon. I know there is a belt on the left of the engine which runs my air but not sure what else. :confused:

Sorry for the very noobish question i'm not normally this clueless.

Thanks all

Its "CHAIN" driven buddy, no servicing needed on it!

i agree

I will never ever go back to a main dealer after seeing one of their master technicians trying to break a balljoint! Took me 3 hours to repair the damage after he said he couldnt do it! :evil:

Anyone can do servicing and it will be covered on your warantee as long as recomended Honda parts are used...ie Filters, oil etc.

Save yourself some money and hastle and look around and find someone you really trust. :wink:

TDi north get my car anytime and I live in London. Nuff said. :wink:
Oh yeah...and TGM send their cars there as well for tuning work. :wink:

Honda dealer in question was Lookers in warrington.
i agree. took my car for 75k service at tdi north yesterday. the guys there were very friendly and more than helpfull. and they charged me just short of300 for my 75k service including valve clearance. oh yeah that also included a fast road set up. lookers warrington wanted nearly 500 quid just for the service. im lucky enough to have tdi north less than a mile away but even if it was 200miles id still use this place.

My cars due it's first major service, I spoke to a stealership near me and they want £317. Is this reasonable? The only reason I'm using them is for the Honda stamp.
Also does anyone know what is included in the full/major service

I posted this in another thread but thought it may help out here too. It's a service check list that I picked up from my local Honda.

Yellow - level 1 £97
Green - level 2 £168
Blue - level 3 £217
Red - level 4 £317

Assuming blue/red are the major services. Price may differ with your local one though

Attachments

• Service List.JPG
    Service List.JPG
    210.7 KB · Views: 7
Back